Permanent Window Tint? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Permanent Window Tint?

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Grinner
2010 JK Wrangler 

Permanent Window Tint?

Argh! I just got my front windows tinted 2 weeks ago at a high quality place using lifetime warranty film, and it somehow got nicked on the passenger side. I bet a chick's fingernails scratched the window as she was grabbing the seatbelt clip or something.

I can't constantly tell people to be careful of the tint. That's just lame. Is there a way to permanently tint the windows? Like the rest of them are. Like buy replacement glass that has the tint built-in?

Grinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
stixdz

you have a lifetime warranty just bring it back? say it cracked
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Grinner
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixdz
you have a lifetime warranty just bring it back? say it cracked
Good point, but then what? I didn't realize tint film was this fragile. Maybe it's a fluke, but it's only been 2 weeks and it's already nicked. I can only imagine how it will look after a year or two.

Does tint really suck this bad?
Grinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
Stengah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Jesus dude, was she clawing at the windows trying to get away from you?

If you've got a lifetime warranty, just take the Jeep back. They'll fix it.

And no, most tint isn't that bad. What % is it? The thinner the tint, the easier it is to nick.
Unread 09-01-2007, 03:29 AM   #5
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

window film is by no means fragile unless you use/get crappy film.

my guess is she was either clawing at the window in fear of her life and managed to nick your 3m film OR you got jipped and have some crappy film installed that will forever haunt you.

3M suntek works great.... if you were local i would point you towards my tint man.... my neighbor's pitbull scratches at his windows all the time and it doesn't scratch the tint he installed
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #6
-XJguy-
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yes, the older XJ Limited had factory metallic tint as an option. The glass is coated with the tint (might actually be coated in between the laminates so you cant scratch it) That glass is expensive and I dont know if you can even still buy it.
Navigator for Team#11 Hurst/Olds on Spike TV's Bullrun. The real winners.
-XJguy- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.