Overheating while running A/C - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Overheating while running A/C

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
TOM33

Overheating while running A/C

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee that has an inline 6 with a mechanical fan bolted to the crank. This causes it to overheat during the summer when it has to idle for an extended period. I want to either add an auxiliary electric fan to it, or if I have to, remove the mechanical fan and go all electric. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with an aftermarket kit for doing this?

TOM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
chris142
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Replace the fan clutch.
chris142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
95builtXJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yup, fan clutch is bad, trying turning it by hand, it it has no resistance it is bad
95builtXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.