Newbie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Newbie

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 04-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
JimB
1984 CJ8 

Howdy Boys,

New to the forum and looking forward to getting the wisdom of all here.
Wife and I just bought an 84 Scrambler. First Jeep in the family...Its probably 85% complete. Many parts and pieces still in boxes, some new, some original.

If you don't mind let me start with just a few questions:

1. How is the tailgate supposed to latch closed. Its zip tied closed right now. (Pictures of associated parts would be helpful)
2. I have a spare tire carrier on the back. Hinge portions are already installed but the latching system is not. What does it look like? (Pictures of associated parts would be helpful)
3. I want to put new mirrors on it. Wanted to put them on the windshield so when we take the doors off we don't have issues. Recommendations on what type of mirrors to buy.
4. I have found sources for all kinds of Jeep parts. Anyone have preferences of who they like to deal with.

Thanks in advance for the input and help.

Jim

JimB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
vegose
2006 WK 

Don't have any experience with them, since I'm new as well, but welcome to the forum!
[B]2006 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7L, QTII, 255x65x17 Toyo Open Country AT, Rola Roof Rack, Francis CB Antenna, Cobra CB, Solid Rear Diff Cover, SRT8 Pedals, PIAA 510 Fogs, Hella 500 Grille lights, 1.5 Spidertraxx Spacers, Spider LED tail lights, RevTek 2" Lift, Bilstein rear shocks, 17" Moabs, aFe Cold Air Intake, Expanded 1/2 inch Metal Grille Mod.[/B]

[B][CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]Khaki Club Member #39[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B]
vegose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
VietVet67
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Welcome might try the CJ forum with your questions????
Silver Jeep club member #76 Semper -Fi my brothers
VietVet67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
JimB
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietVet67 View Post
Welcome might try the CJ forum with your questions????
Will try the CJ forum, thanks.
BTW Semper Fi back at you......

Jim
JimB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Meh
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tailgate should latch with a black metal piece mounted on the tgate that flips around to the back side of the tub and catches keeping it closed. That's all I got.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.