New Jeep GC owner , blacked out with 22's....let the modding begin.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > New Jeep GC owner , blacked out with 22's....let the modding begin..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 03-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
DMcBrideBoston

New Jeep GC owner , blacked out with 22's....let the modding begin..

I recently bought a 2002 WJ Limited 4.7 with 120K miles, virtually flawless body,crisp tan leather interior, 22 inch rims, smoked painted tail lights, de-badged.

I plan to upgrade the audio system, exhaust, intake and get a dyno tune.

This is my first vehicle that was not a sport sedan, I have modded every car I have ever owned, and I'm looking forward to doing it to my new DD.

DMcBrideBoston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
dB-SPL
2011 MK Patriot 

Those are nice wheels. I like em. I just ordered black 22's for my Patriot on Thursday. I cant wait.
dB-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
DMcBrideBoston

Thanks, I want to switch to 20's with a fatter tire, my ride quality sucks, but they look so dope..lol, turns heads all day long
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Mark-318-IT
1998 ZJ 

that wj is amazing!!
Mark-318-IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
DMcBrideBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-318-IT View Post
that wj is amazing!!
Thank You

I need to do a tune-up and maybe something else i'm averaging 10.8 miles per gallon. This can't be true for these trucks, I have had 3,500lb 330hp sedans that I drove like a madman and I got 16mpg. I gotta do something.
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
dB-SPL
2011 MK Patriot 

What's in store for audios? I'm in the process of stuffing 8 8's in my Riot on about 5kW.
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
DMcBrideBoston

Kenwood Bluetooth/Pandora Deck, Alpine 6.5 components all the way around, Boston Acoustics 1000d amp for the JLW3 subs and a Kicker 650x4 powering the interiors. It rocked my Infinti G35, not sure how itll sound in this...we'll see

8 8's is crazy...lol good luck with your install
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
Tru2Chevy
Web Wheeler

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcBrideBoston View Post
I need to do a tune-up and maybe something else i'm averaging 10.8 miles per gallon. This can't be true for these trucks, I have had 3,500lb 330hp sedans that I drove like a madman and I got 16mpg. I gotta do something.
Which 4.7 do you have, standard or HO? My wife's bone stock '04 4.7 averages 13-15 in mixed driving, and she's got a bit of a heavy foot. 18-20mpg is pretty common on highway trips for her Jeep.

- Justin

1996 Cherokee Classic - 3.5" lift / 31.0x10.5 Mastercraft Courser CTs / Warn XD9000i - Stripped for parts / junked :(

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo - 4.7, bone stock - Wife's DD

NJ F-Body Owners Association
Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
DMcBrideBoston

Pretty sure it's the standard, there's no HO markings anywhere obvious that I can see
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #10
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't know we allowed this kind around here...

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"]"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Major General James Mattis, USMC[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Blue"]"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
Jake03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
DMcBrideBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake03TJ View Post
I didn't know we allowed this kind around here...

Which kind is that?

Is this forum only for off roading Jeeps?
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #12
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcBrideBoston View Post

Which kind is that?

Is this forum only for off roading Jeeps?
It's a street Jeep section, I just thought most people bought Jeeps for their four wheel drive capability. Not for urban cruisers....

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"]"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Major General James Mattis, USMC[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Blue"]"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
Jake03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #13
dB-SPL
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake03TJ View Post
It's a street Jeep section, I just thought most people bought Jeeps for their four wheel drive capability. Not for urban cruisers....
What happens if you're broke and can only afford the 2WD base model?

Again, nice Jeep, OP. My wheels came in awhile ago. Just forgot I registered to this forum. Here's mine. :P

Unread 05-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
MMAXX

I like them even though I got 20" on mine. Too much rim makes the ride too hard. This a Jeep forum not a Off Road Jeep Forum.
MMAXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #15
jeffjeep2
1998 ZJ 

agree Ill post mine soon as soon as i got mine replaced to 18 suck the guy at the jy tire shop gave me 17 temporary and now he dont like to replace them anymore grrr
jeffjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.