Need zj advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Need zj advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
89cherokeeJP
1998 ZJ 

Need zj advice

Well i haven't been on here in a while so to everyone old and new hello.
I recently got myself a new jeep it's a 98 grand cherokee 2wd 4.0 . I have a few questions a buddy of mine is calling me out with his 95 thunder chicken because he said i talk to much trash for someone who owns a jeep and not a real racer and i really want to shut him up. i was wondering what all can be done to really pep the zj up i was thinkin 3.73 gears and a trac lock and maybe a 4.7 stroker. but i really don't have any idea of a parts list i'd need for stroking it . it's an auto and don't really want to swap a 5speed in this one because i just got it rebuilt and it's my daily driver. are there any bolt on items like suprchargers for a 4.0 because i haven't found any? Plus are there any performance chips for this thing. if you guys could steer me in the right direction i'd be very grateful

Unread 05-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Stroke it, performance street cam, WJ intake manifold, 4 hole injectors, K&N cold air intake

then get this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...item3cb4d7e3db
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
RobinsonFam1
1998 ZJ 

in a 98 the easiest swap would be to go to a 5.9. build it up and go for it!
remember: there is more to building an engine than throwing a bunch of money and parts into it. it needs to be well planned and thought out of what exactly you are trying to achieveother than beating your buddy at the next stop light.

go to thespeedfreaks.net

plenty of performance info there all geared for Grand's

hth
RobinsonFam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

Is the 99+ xj manifold the same as the wj?
98zjkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
KingtheZJ
1998 ZJ 

please dont ever buy a ebay turbo kit. my buddy bought one and has it on a crx that he dragged. it lasted 47 miles till the turbo blew and the fins got sucked through the intercooler. youre best bet is to stroke it, or like said before, drop in a 5.9L.

definitely check out thespeedfreaks.net for some wicked fast ZJs. many of those guys are running 408 strokers and/or blowers.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.