Need some audio help/ direction - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Need some audio help/ direction

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #16
justinwalden

thats just because they dont know how much wire to use. dont go to best buy. its like going to autozone for car advice

Unread 07-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #17
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwalden View Post
okay.... with $200 bucks most people would tell you alpine on this forum but i think they are absolute garbage. i would put in some jl audio speakers. they are probly the best big name speakers you can buy. i live in memphis so i hear them alot and they are damn good too but you would probly have to order those online in cali. and fyi after you replace your front speakers you will want to change your back ones too
I agree the jls you can get for $200 sound very good but i like my focals and they are the same price
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #18
eliassami5
1991 XJ Cherokee 

With a stock hu you wont get the loudness and clarity you are looking for..just sticking in 4 new speakers wont do you much if anything at all other than not distorting as much at high volumes. I know you dont want a flashy deck or anything but thats the only way you are going to get descent sound out of your speakers unless you amp them.

This deck matches the color of the dash and wont be that noticeable and its only $99, ive got the lesser version of this one (deh-1900mp) and it works fine and sounds nice so this one should sound better.
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=18736

And for the speakers i would recommend the Alpine type s's, from past experience as an audiophile i can tell you that they are very good sounding and can get very loud if amped properly, and they are only $55 per pair so all in all it would be $213 shipped which is very close to your budget with the speakers and the deck together.
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=18864
eliassami5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #19
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet dude.

I wasn't actually looking to go really loud or anything, my main goal is to have 4 working speakers. I need to have that wire fixed.
srmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #20
96_XJ_Country
1996 XJ Cherokee 

jl audio and infinity reference series are gonna be your best quality speaker for around $200.
running two tiny wires to the front left door really is not that hard. drop them down behind the radio, zip tie them to some other wire under the dash to keep it clean, use a long zip tie to feed them through the door.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Green Jeep Club Member #145[/COLOR][/B]
96_XJ_Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #21
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So I actually have a nice sony deck now.

I also scored some factory xj door tweeters.

Everything sounds good, but does anyone have any suggestions for a small sub and amp?
srmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #22
maxacon3000
1987 XJ Cherokee 

go to wal-mart, they have cheap pioneer speakers that can be wired to your stock wiring and if no wiring they have cheap wire for home audio.
maxacon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.