Need help enclosed trailer lifted jeeps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Need help enclosed trailer lifted jeeps?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
cescj85
1985 CJ7 

Need help enclosed trailer lifted jeeps?

I'm having trouble finding an enclosed trailer to fit my needs... Does anyone know a company that makes an enclosed gooseneck trailer over 30ft long and 7ft tall...? I've found trailers long enough and tall enough but for some reason I can't find both together in one trailer... I'm looking to haul a 04 rubicon w a 4in lift and a Cj-7 with 4in lift both with 33's. Any help would be appreciated

Unread 01-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
HotStuff
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You'll just need to look harder. Sprint car trailers are usually taller than a regular trailer. You may have to order it special, as it may not be a regular dealer stocked item. My buddy has a 48' enclosed tri axle gooseneck to haul his nostolgia funny car in, and it has the tall roof. It's like 10' tall inside. Not sure on the brand tho.
'96 XJ 6.5" lift, 33's, HP30, 8.8", 4.56's, 4wheel disc, spooled rear, locked front, SYE, skids, yada yada yada.'51 Willys CJ3A 32's, 5.38's, locked front & rear, small block, Muncie 4speed.'76 CJ5 - UNDER CONSTRUCTION - resto/mod
HotStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

Yep, keep looking. I believe 6'6" is the "standard" height for most, but a common upgrade is for the 1 foot (which I believe is actually 7'7") higher ceiling. A lot of the trailers we looked at had that option.
AFRd_CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Tolcar
1985 CJ7 

I just typed in 'enclosed gooseneck trailers' in Yahoo and found this link.

http://www.missourigreatdane.com/wcgooseneck.htm

Click on the brouchure and spec's link and a .PDF shows what they offer.
Hope this helps.
Tolcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

If you would not be towing them around on a regular baises, you could put the windshild down and take the roll off. Or if you are close on hieght you could air down (with the CJ you have 9 inches of rubber below the rims so you could easily get rid of 4-5 inches of hight with out damaging anything.

You could also find 2 sets of small tires (like they do for monster trucks) which might be cheaper then the extra foot of trailer hieght.
baritone_mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.