My Wrangler Hot Rod - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > My Wrangler Hot Rod

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #31
conifers4
2007 JK Wrangler 

Lee333, did you have your Jeep at a car show a few weeks ago in Maspeth? It has to be the one I saw.

Unread 11-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #32
JacksJeepTJ

nice jeep. kinda the opposite of what you usually see around here
JacksJeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #33
98BlkTJ

very different. thats y i like it.
APPROVED
98BlkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #34
tehgregzor
2004 WJ 

Wow thats a crazy build! Sounds like a fun rig to drive. Any reason why the front wheels are smaller?
tehgregzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #35
blkfreedom03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

A little off topic but is that Atco Raceway?

And sweet Jeep!

Black Jeep Society
blkfreedom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #36
AnthonyK
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3333 View Post
Funny you should ask. I havent raced it yet, but I do plan on going over the whole thing with fiberglass to make the front look like one piece (like the new JK's) and when I do I will round off the front. That said, many of the old drag cars had motorcycle and similar front fenders when they raced. It will only probably do about 130 for a couple of seconds so aerodynamics should not be too critical. I just dont want any lift.
Yeah i would definitely do the fiberglass front if were you. That would make it a lot more aerodynamic. That and maybe a hardtop because, at high speeds, a soft top would probably start falling apart lol.
AnthonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #37
kidstf
1982 CJ7 

I also have one similar, that I am just finishin up. Its a Fibreglass CJ 7, on a YJ frame, SBC, th350, 8.8 Ford rear, with a 2wd Commache front axle, lowered about 5". It also has, most notably, a 6" chopped windshield and hard top.
kidstf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #38
thomask
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstf View Post
I also have one similar, that I am just finishin up. Its a Fibreglass CJ 7, on a YJ frame, SBC, th350, 8.8 Ford rear, with a 2wd Commache front axle, lowered about 5". It also has, most notably, a 6" chopped windshield and hard top.
WELCOME kidstf:

We just have to see your Jeep. Post up some pictures. It is easy to post, just go to advanced and drop in a couple pics. Let us know how you came about your build also.

It sounds like a real custom job there.

"Hey wave at a classic JEEP owner and make a new JEEP friend"
thomask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 05:19 AM   #39
kidstf
1982 CJ7 

Yepper, its pretty custom, and started off with an idea and a pile o parts, after I finished an Aqualu aluminum bodied YJ (which is featured on Aqualu's website) Having gone the conventional route, and being a street rodder at heart..It is, an Arizona YJ frame, with a 4 wd hardware glass body. It has an 8.8 Ford Explorer diff, and a Commanche 2wd front axle, converted to leafs, and lowered 5". Small block Chev, on Novak mounts, with TH350,Hedman block huggers, into 2 1/2 mandrel bent true duals into Dynomax mufflers. 73 Z28 steering box, borgeson shaft, stock Jeep steering linkage, custom Dash, YJ seats, lowered 4". CJ windshield frame, cut 6", with real auto glass, YJ hardtop, cut 6"(not an easy task) with aluminum side windows and tailgate..so it looks sedan deliveryish..or, as the appraiser said the other day..armoured carish. It is bullet fast, weighs 2120 lbs, handles like a snake on sandpaper, and stops like crazy. At the moment, it is still in primer, and will be until the fall, when I take it apart and paint everything separate, over the winter. This is about my 40th build, and I am no rookie, but at 61, it's also probably my last. Cost of build, about $11,000.00 in parts, and about 2,500 hours. All done by me, except the trans, and the engine machine shop time. Everything has been rebuilt, all new bolts, screws and washers, bearing and seals..do it once, do it right. The website wont let me post a pic for some reason..HELP!!!
kidstf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #40
jjmontess

Good thing you can do the labor yourself. That would cost a fortune to have to pay a shop for all that work!
jjmontess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #41
DiamondEyes

Very cool Jeep!
DiamondEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #42
Vladimer
2008 JK Wrangler 

Generally I think lowering a Jeep is a crime but what you have done is pretty unique and I think it looks great. Fantastic work man, would love to see some video of it tearing up the track!
Vladimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 02:52 AM   #43
DiamondEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimer View Post
Generally I think lowering a Jeep is a crime but what you have done is pretty unique and I think it looks great. Fantastic work man, would love to see some video of it tearing up the track!
x2

Would like to see some video too...I know there's gotta be some!
DiamondEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #44
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Proof that a Jeep can do anything. I like it. Well executed and looks damn good.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #45
coach-mike
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimer View Post
++++++ You did awesome+++++:2thu mbsup:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.