my jeep build ideas opinoins, suggestions welcome - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > my jeep build ideas opinoins, suggestions welcome

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 08-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

my jeep build ideas opinoins, suggestions welcome

Well I am deployed now and plan on havin my 82 CJ-5 redone while I am away.I have never really done heavy wheeling so no suspension mods,maily want light trail use and street prowess.

The meat and potatoes, I want the old 258 pulled and a 1991 350 with TBI from our old work truck, bought from my mom the truck has never given me a lick of trouble and has fresh rebuild on the engine, I want the 350 and all the computers and engine managment installed,(ill do mods myself later).and last from the donor truck , Id love to have the steering column swapped in as it has the cruise control buttons, washer blinkers and tilt all working, my jeep does not have tilt.

Behind my 258 resides an T-176 well out with the old in with the new , an AX-15 will give me decent highway rpms with overdrive and will have cruise control hooked up. keeping my stock axles for now i'll swap them out once they break and I figure out what gears I want to run.Currently have 31s with 3.31 gears.

Interior plan on keeping it basic keeping the stock rollbar, bedlining it and installing either corbeau JP or PRP daily driver seats in the front , as for the rear seat say good bye , never use it except to put my dog or gear , so I plan on putting a speaker box back there just turn the sound off when the dog back there, plan on keeping the seat mount holes so it I change my mind I got the bolts and holes waiting

body now plan on having it repainting it Jamaican Beige with the 1982 Renegade stripes applyied just like it was when new, I am keeping the PA system and mic hooked up(come on its a blast to talk on the mic and jam your music from under the hood like a mobile karyoke party ). I really want a small hood scoop installed already found the one I think im going with just gotta measure it all out on leave when I drop my baby off.
already got my wheels picked out some AR-39s from American Racing they are controversial, either you like them or you dont, I do so they stay (reminds me of the hot wheels cars rims from when i was a kid) keeping the 31 BFG ATs they are new got a killer deal on them from a shop going out of business, but when they are worn out its gunna be mud terrians of some sort

the things I am unsure of is were to put the exhaughst, in front of the rear tire or straight out the back, I have tube sidesteps so i think the pipes out the side would make it look jumbled and out the back would keep the exaghst out the back and keep the loud exaghust out of my ears lol and in everyone elses

If you guys have any suggestions or questions please hit me up

I have heard lots of crap from my buds asing why im putting any money into my jeep my reply has been for what the rebuild is costing I couldnt afford anything but stock with high mileage , then they say dont understand why Im making it for the street and not lifting it , and I am just not into tearing up my stuff in the mud and having to clean it afterwards, just want to cruise and enjoy MY DREAM Jeep .

so I am laying out my plan in the street jeep forum , I am hoping I can find like minded guys with good ideas for my jeep and make it better.

I want my jeep to run off on some of the same punks that think there cute little stangs got some cajones, shoot my car already beats them every friday night they got tired of it ,I really cant wait to see the faces of my buds when the old ragbag jeep gets up and goes putting there cars to shame even if I lose I want to give tham a run for there money!

I kinda cant wait for that first friday night cruise in when I return home

I can post links to the site with the scoop and get your opinons and pics later

2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.