Lowering Springs for Jeep Wrangler TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Lowering Springs for Jeep Wrangler TJ

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
Tom88
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruquik View Post
nice find, wonder if you can write a % off of next years taxes since its a work vehicle item.

-Brad
H&R are a good brand and will be better than cutting your stock springs... Is your Jeep like a white mailman Jeep? b/c that will prob just look sick if it is sitting at mailbox height.

Last edited by Tom88; 03-02-2011 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: add
Tom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

At least Jeeps are still being used to deliver mail somewhere. All I see now are those box mobiles. Good luck on the lowering, hope it suits your needs
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #18
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon_Rob04 View Post
http://www.tunersdepot.com/Jeep_Wran...ng_Springs.htm

These will work well for your use. Kinda pricey but it is a limited market so I'm sure you were planning for that.
I love how they did not even reword their page to make it Jeep specific.

" In addition, the lower stance gives your Jeep Wrangler a MUCH nicer look, as it detracts from the “on stilts” look in favor of accenting the length and curves of your Wrangler’s body."

Last time I checked Wranglers do not have curves.

"Such situations include having unusually large wheels and/or tires, having shocks that already lower your vehicle to a certain degree, or having an unusually low body kit installed."

What is an unusually large tire? For a Jeep I think that is anything above a 37 (IMO 40's look wierd unless they are low COG or choped finders) I also did not know they made body kits for Wranglers.

"Approaching steep driveways and large speed bumps at an angle (aka angling) may be required in order to prevent scraping the bottom of your Wrangler."

A stock Wrangler has what 18" so even with the "super low" 3 inch drop that leaves you with 15" of ground clearance that is one big speed bump.

PS not making fun of PO that want lowering springs (because he wants them for work) just making fun of the webpage. Have you tried looking at half doors for it and leaving the upper door off as this would lower the window and would be cheaper.
baritone_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #19
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had a 5.9 Grand Cherokee and I wanted to drop it too but nobody makes a kit to lower a Jeep. Not even a Grand 5.9.
billiebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #20
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baritone_mike View Post
A stock Wrangler has what 18" so even with the "super low" 3 inch drop that leaves you with 15" of ground clearance that is one big speed bump. .
those mall bumps are hard core stuff.

if you lose 3 at what point on a tj are you bottomed out. on a Jk you go three down you are into the bumps from stock. the ride would horrible. even if you cut the bumps and the mounts to tem you would be hitting in other places.

It would be better to get smaller tires. put some clown car wheels on it like some 26" or so tall. will be much cheeper
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #21
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Stock TJs practically scrape the ground anyway. Not sure you can go much lower than stock
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How about doing a 2" budget lift on the front only?

billiebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #23
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Revived after 2 years?! Eh...dude didn't need to lower it, half doors are 2" lower at the window, he could've reached the mailbox just fine with the window unzipped or off.
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
YJ4LIFE
1989 YJ Wrangler 

cut the springs? smaller tires? may sound dumb but you can get really low profile tires for 15" rims.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.