leaky fuel tank. almost empty?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > leaky fuel tank. almost empty??

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
ittybitty
1993 YJ Wrangler 

leaky fuel tank. almost empty??

The other day I drove around for a few hrs. I started to get low on fuel. And I noticed I could smell fuel but didnt think about it. I stopped for a bite to eat and when I came out fuel was spilling on to the ground. Probably just started because it was coming out good. I could see the puddle growing. About a half gallons worth. And just like that it stopped. I cleaned up what I could and waited for the rest to evaporate. Reluctantly started her up and drove to a gas station.. removed the cap, there was a ton of vaccume. I figured I would fill it up till it spilled.. I put 8 gallons in without a drop spilled. So I drove home.. no fuel smell or anything. I only drive it once and a while. 10 15 miles here and there. No problems until I took another longer trip 2 hrs I could smell fuel again. At this point I am below a half tank again. The fuel came out where the tow hitch is. Right I'm the middle of the tank. At the rear most part.. I couldn't see anything because of the skid plate.

Is it possible to much vaccum is causing a problem?
93 yj 5spd 4.0 167k

ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.