keyless entry probs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > keyless entry probs

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps

Unread 05-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
00grdcherokee

keyless entry probs

I have a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee and i purchased it used and it did not have a keyless entry remote, so i purchased one used off of ebay and it is the correct model, i programmed it into the above console and it reads transmitted but the buttons on my remote will not unlock/lock/panic. The batteries work and are in correctly. What do i do?

00grdcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Indy

Your best bang for the buck in my experience, go aftermarket. Mne with new batteries has a range of about 4 feet on a good day. Most times its inches, like pretty much touch the door handle with the remote o make it work. Easier to use the key. Unfortunately, thats not unique, the keyless just sucks on these things.

http://www.thejeep.com/program.html

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
TurnerBurner
2004 WJ 

Check the keyless module in the passenger door, from what I've read here this is where my issue is.
TurnerBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #4
Dealwitit
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You said you bought it used, there's your problem if u can don't ever but used electronics that dude u got it from sold u junk. I have a 2000 wrangler i bought a Markman in 03 haven't had any issues with it I can have it start up every half hour in the snow to keep the block warm every hour for 15 minutes starts up by itself. Wish you luck.!!
Dealwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00grdcherokee View Post
I have a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee and i purchased it used and it did not have a keyless entry remote, so i purchased one used off of ebay and it is the correct model, i programmed it into the above console and it reads transmitted but the buttons on my remote will not unlock/lock/panic. The batteries work and are in correctly. What do i do?
The EVIC (over head console) that will give you the "transmitted" message is for garage door openers.

To have the remote programmed, you HAVE to go to the dealer. (or know someone with a DRB III Chrysler Scan tool)

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.