jet chip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > jet chip

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*WJ Tube Doors Now Available!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
USA_PRIDE
2011 JK Wrangler 

jet chip

anyone on here with basic bolts ons, free flowing exhaust, intake, etc run either the stage one or stage two chip from jet performance? any thoughts on it? good or bad.

thanks

God Bless All The Men And Women Who Served And/Or Is Serving This Great Country!

Proud To Be A FF/EMT/Police/Military Club Member #3
USA_PRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
Ivanito
1996 ZJ 

Well depends, it does increase hp, but most people say not enough for the price.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...77#post4664677
Ivanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
ThaKingXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

yeah... i wouldnt buy one. i wouldnt even think twice about it. it is about 300 dollars and it only gives you 10 hp... i think thats redick... to his and his own
ThaKingXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
USA_PRIDE
2011 JK Wrangler 

i found the stage 2 for $200 bucks so i was wondering if anybody had any experience with it

God Bless All The Men And Women Who Served And/Or Is Serving This Great Country!

Unread 10-21-2006, 12:22 AM   #5
Steelghost

I have one. I noticed quicker reving, some more power. I think it might change shift points too, but I am not sure on that. I would say get it if you have a thirst for power. Dont expect it to blow your socks off though. Its more of a compliment to your other power adders than a standalone boost in a power.
Rusty's Airtube w/K&N cone filter
62mm overbored TB with 62mm spacer
Thule Racks
Crager Black D window 15x7 wheels
Flowmaster Super 40 muffler w/Dynomax tail pipe Magnaflow hi-flow cat
Bank's Torque Tube Header
Pioneer sound system
GPS
Wet Okole seat covers
Grant 15" signature series racing steering wheel
Heavy Duty rear leaf springs
Hella Black Magic Driving Lights
CSF 3 core radiator w/ 180 T-stat
JET Stage 2 computer module
Steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #6
ThaKingXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

if you found one for 200, then by all means get it. i thought it would be a bit more than the stage one and i found that for 300. two isnt that bad. and if you have a full exhaust and a nice intake and such, i think it would be a nice little power booster
ThaKingXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
USA_PRIDE
2011 JK Wrangler 

yeah i found the stage two for $208 and the stage one for $200. since i have a 2000 and dont have the distributer to advance the timing, thought this chip would help with that. got bored throttle body and spacer to 62mm, k&n filter, 180* thermostat, and free flowing exhaust, so i figured id go for the stage 2. just need to find a header that will work. it requires 91 oct fuel which i could care less since its only 2.18 gal.

Unread 11-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #8
Bryson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_PRIDE
yeah i found the stage two for $208 and the stage one for $200. since i have a 2000 and dont have the distributer to advance the timing, thought this chip would help with that. got bored throttle body and spacer to 62mm, k&n filter, 180* thermostat, and free flowing exhaust, so i figured id go for the stage 2. just need to find a header that will work. it requires 91 oct fuel which i could care less since its only 2.18 gal.
The distributor models arn't adjustable either. Don't pay $200 for a chip. I can't beleive people pay that much for just a $3 chip with a pos tune on it.

You can get an adjustable crank angle sensor to adjust timing....OR since the computer retards timing based on the IAT values, you can relocate the IAT sensor to your air box. It will see colder air, and thus advance timing.

You don't need to touch the fuel since they run quite rich stock. you'll end up getting better gas mileage because those mods you've done don't increase the AFR enough to warrant a change in the fuel system.

If you pay $200+ for a chip, I will come over and smack you.

99 chilipepper red XJ: Race car tow rig. Turbo project in the works.

Head of Core production - www.CortekSystems.com
Owner of Boostwerks.com
Website in development.
Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Ivanito
1996 ZJ 

Where can you get the adjustable crank sensor? I saw them a while ago at an online store but they are now out of biz.
Ivanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2006, 01:35 AM   #10
Bryson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragisco
Where can you get the adjustable crank sensor? I saw them a while ago at an online store but they are now out of biz.
I beleive quadratec still sells them.

99 chilipepper red XJ: Race car tow rig. Turbo project in the works.

Head of Core production - www.CortekSystems.com
Owner of Boostwerks.com
Website in development.
Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #11
Chomot
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson
You don't need to touch the fuel since they run quite rich stock. you'll end up getting better gas mileage because those mods you've done don't increase the AFR enough to warrant a change in the fuel system.
Hay Bryson, I know this is an old thread but can you give some more detials on how to tune a 2000 WJ with a 4.7 for better gas mileage? What is that trick about relocating the IAT? will that do it? Does someone have a DYI on that in this forum?

Thanks
Chomot is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.