Jeep problems - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Jeep problems

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 03-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #16
jeeps4ever

Thanks for all the input! I'm going to try going up hill in fourth gear and see how that works. This is the first 6 speed I have driven all my other one have been 5 speeds. I'll let you know what happens

jeeps4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
jeeps4ever

We drove it a lot today and so far it's good. I have been going up hill in fourth gear and all seems good. Thanks!
Unread 03-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #18
oldguy387
2005 TJ Wrangler 

And on a really long or steep hill you have 3rd gear also. Just like going down hill, down shift and let the engine do its job to either keep you at speed or slow you down. Always think of your Jeep as a sports car with 4 wd. Good luck.
oldguy387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
jeeps4ever

Thank you! Will do
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
jeeps4ever

My jeep was shaking more and more all the time. My tires were getting bald on the outside. And when I mean shaking I mean driving down the road it would suddenly start shaking steering wheel and all. And it sounded like parts were shaking back and forth. It was so bad I would have to pull over and go again. We got new front tires and an alignment and the problem went away. I hope it never happens again. It's pretty scary at 55-60 mph with cars behind you.
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
jeeps4ever

The mechanic said it was really far out of alignment. I hope it never does that again. Next time I'll know what it is and get it in right away! I didn't realize at first til the tires got wore down on the outside and the inside was full tread.
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #22
HandsOn

Just goes to show how many things/systems there are on a vehicle (especially a 4wd one) that you have to pay some attention to now and then (or more often). Not so much that you have to worry about something every time you get behind the wheel, but enough that a semi-regular looking/checking/eyeballing/feeling of the different areas is a good habit to get in to.
They might be modern and reliable vehicles, but they still need some human intervention now and then.

Glad you got it taken care of. Now it'll take care of you better too.
Less stress... Mmm, good.

Paul
HandsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
Purejeep

This might be a good site for future reference:
http://www.onsalejeepparts.com/
Purejeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.