jeep 2.5 rattling like a train - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > jeep 2.5 rattling like a train

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
SWEENE1J
2000 XJ Cherokee 

jeep 2.5 rattling like a train

Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this...My clutch went just quite out of the blue so booked it into the garage.When i collected it I was so glad to have it back I paid and went. On the way home I saw my friend and we chatted but i couldnt hear a thing...the engine was so so noisy. The only thing to quieten it was to depress the clutch. I went back to the garage and he said he can find no reason for it at all. So I left and have my Noisy jeep now off the road because within two days the brakes stopped working coming downhill of all places. I lifted the bonnet and saw the container for the fluid was empty. I filled it and when i touched the brake so i found a fountain pouring from the pipe leading away from said vessel. I asked the garage if they checked the fluids at all when it was in but he said no...i am not sure at if theres any connection but would love to know if anyone can shed light on the noise as its gonna start dropping bits of engine with the vibration.Also if anyone knows if there is a possibiliy that there is a connection between the vessel for fluids and the noise or brakes. I am in a quandry really as i can only go by what the mechanic has said. Much appreciated as i have got to shift my horses.Thanks once again and any info is a help.

SWEENE1J is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.