Here's my street Jeep. tell me what you think. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Here's my street Jeep. tell me what you think.

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 07-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #46
Erek.Smith
1995 ZJ 

Lollerskates. I think it's funny how people who like the wheels and such are like "why are you bashing him? Quite bashing him!" when the OP asked for opinions. They're not bashing him... they're simply stating their opinion...

Can't take the heat? Get out' the kitchen.

I don't like it and think it looks like poop. I don't even like seeing Grands with chrome wheels, regardless of size. Hmm, I think I heard this around here: "Chrome won't get you home."

BUT! To each their own. I like my capability, even IF my jeep is 2WD. If you like your wheels, then keep doing what you're doing.

Essential gear for America's heroes
Erek.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #47
TylerWj
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'd ditch the rims but thats just my opinion
TylerWj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #48
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't personally like the wheels. If you like 'em, keep 'em. I like the look of Cragars on Jeeps, though.
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #49
jeepnmike
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Holy Jebus that thing is FUGLY!!
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #50
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erek.Smith View Post
Lollerskates. I think it's funny how people who like the wheels and such are like "why are you bashing him? Quite bashing him!" when the OP asked for opinions. They're not bashing him... they're simply stating their opinion...

Can't take the heat? Get out' the kitchen.

I don't like it and think it looks like poop. I don't even like seeing Grands with chrome wheels, regardless of size. Hmm, I think I heard this around here: "Chrome won't get you home."

BUT! To each their own. I like my capability, even IF my jeep is 2WD. If you like your wheels, then keep doing what you're doing.
There is a difference between bashing and expressing your opinion. Tact goes a long way. It just doesnt make sense to hear opinions from people who dont have or already are predisposed to not liking street vehicles. That would be like you going to a PTA meeting for an elementary school and expressing your opinions on gun control when you are a member of the NRA, and you dont have a child at the school...

It is in the street thread for a reason, and im sure you crawl the off-roading threads. get where im coming from? It just doesnt make sense.
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #51
chevychad
2009 JK Wrangler 

There was a jeep in that picture? Hmmm I thought it must have been expedition or escalade with all the chrome..........not my taste but hey your jeep your style, do what makes you happy, free country right?
chevychad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #52
skyjacked94xj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

wrong quote

CLASSIC TOY
1968 Chevy C-10 short bed
Chevy 350 crate motor | 4-speed | fully restored | Lowered | 20" Centerline Daggers.. wayyy too much to list

Project
1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
350 TPI | WS6 | 48k original miles | Flame Red Metallic

SOLD: 94 cherokee | Lifted | Locked
SOLD: 97 TJ | 33's | 4.56's | :(

Searching for an Ls-1 Rx-7 project....
skyjacked94xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #53
skyjacked94xj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJoutlaw View Post
lowering it would look good to man.
Lowering!? That will never ever work. I dont think it would even roll

CLASSIC TOY
1968 Chevy C-10 short bed
Chevy 350 crate motor | 4-speed | fully restored | Lowered | 20" Centerline Daggers.. wayyy too much to list

Project
1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
350 TPI | WS6 | 48k original miles | Flame Red Metallic

SOLD: 94 cherokee | Lifted | Locked
SOLD: 97 TJ | 33's | 4.56's | :(

Searching for an Ls-1 Rx-7 project....
skyjacked94xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #54
XJoutlaw

Idk but if its gonna be street it might as well be low plus it might get him to put smaller rims there not bad just to big for that car.
XJoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #55
PBking51

always wondered what a jeep on big rims would look like...but im undecided still
PBking51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #56
HilltopperYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

threw up in my mouth

you took off all the stuff us poor people save up to buy

you could have bought a 2wd xj - there dirt cheap because no one wants a Jeep with 2wd

A-E-K-Δ-B

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
HilltopperYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #57
DriveTooMuch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Listen friend, that is not a street jeep, that is a 4x4, That is why you will not get much favor. You already know that though. Most people in the jeep forums don't like to see that. You like it, that's all that matters, and some are giving you props. too. It's cool, just expect unfavorable reactions because it is a 4x4.
DriveTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #58
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Listen, to each their own. It's your XJ and you do what you want. Making an XJ the way you want, and nobody else's way, is the only way. It's fine to ask for people's opinions about your XJ, but take it with a grain of salt. A lot of members can be rude and others can give positive criticism. I like that you took off the side moldings on your XJ. A cleaner, smoother look and I may just do that with my XJ now. I don't care too much about the rims as I'm more in to performance than looks. As stated above, the rims add unecessary weight that drag your XJ down but if you are more in to looks, then leave them on.

When I started building my Street XJ, I wanted to put Racing Stripes on mine. Do you know how many of the members gave me crap about it? I didn't care and I went with it and till this day (it's been 6 years), I have not regretted it one bit.

Do what you want.

2001 TJ SAHARA - STONE WHITE - 4.0L - 5MT
( ) |||||||| ( )
Ghetto2315 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #59
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Why are so many guys in the STREET JEEP section, ragging on this thing? If it is a strret Jeep, it stays on the street. As far as brakes go, they are no more inadequate than if it was on 31" tires with 15" wheels. I understand the guys asked what you think about it, but if you aren't into street Jeeps then don't browse the street Jeep section.... It is pretty simple.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #60
0okamiDigital
2006 TJ Wrangler 

zomg this thread is still twitching.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.