Here's my street Jeep. tell me what you think. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Here's my street Jeep. tell me what you think.

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

mcmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

not bad, and the mod list you have is gonna suit it well, leave the hitch if you park in the city, it will save your bumper. thats why all my friends leave theirs on in parallel parking spots. some idiot will trash their car instead. Im not really a fan of Zinik, but they look good on your ride. props.
Unread 06-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #18
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

I really like the streamlined look! Amazing how just removing the moldings and roof rack really transformed its look! Can't wait to see it with the smoked tails- those will be killer. As for the wheels, I think they are a bit overkill. What would look really good are some wheels from a new JK Sahara. I think they would really accent the rest of the vehicle well, as they are a little more modest, but would still give it a nice street look. Not to mention, replacing the tires would be cheaper, it would ride better, and would be better suited to a daily driven street vehicle. Nice job though

Brandon
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #19
0okamiDigital
2006 TJ Wrangler 

something is missing.... hmm.. I dunno.

Lower it.... ^_^; maybe?
Unread 06-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
XJoutlaw

lowering it would look good to man.
XJoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #21
Crystal
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Your XJ looks sweet. Love the look.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #22
shortbussrydah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

people need to stop bashing you and telling you how your performance is gonna suck. after all, you did post in the street jeep forum

sick rims man. lets see a badass system next
shortbussrydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #23
Schroed
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskinner View Post
your brakes are going to hate you. If you are going to use that large of a rim and tire you need to upgrade brakes.
Not really, That is like saying you need to get bigger brakes if you let fat people ride in your car. Not my style for an old jeep though, kinda looks out of place.
Schroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #24
Carnutzzz

You're demonstrating a juxtaposition of design concepts that don't work together.

Your Jeep is an old design- simple and utilitarian. The fact that you basically have a base model simplifies it further.

The chrome and size of the wheels thus does not match the body. It's a high-tech wheel on a low-tech car. The wheels also appear to be a poor fit- notice how far out they extend past the wheel wells? Their size is also too big in that they throw off the proportions of the car.
Carnutzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #25
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnutzzz View Post
You're demonstrating a juxtaposition of design concepts that don't work together.

Your Jeep is an old design- simple and utilitarian. The fact that you basically have a base model simplifies it further.

The chrome and size of the wheels thus does not match the body. It's a high-tech wheel on a low-tech car. The wheels also appear to be a poor fit- notice how far out they extend past the wheel wells? Their size is also too big in that they throw off the proportions of the car.
Over analyze much? I mean if you are gonna get that technical, all those people who do up older 240sx's and even that dress up older muscle cars are "juxtaposing" different design concepts. Quit bashing. Maybe 22s arent economical, but neither are 40s. I don't see you on other threads telling them how the tires on their TJ/YJ/etc are too big for the "dimensions" of the car.

Lets see your system next!
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #26
Carnutzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Model View Post
Over analyze much? I mean if you are gonna get that technical, all those people who do up older 240sx's and even that dress up older muscle cars are "juxtaposing" different design concepts. Quit bashing. Maybe 22s arent economical, but neither are 40s. I don't see you on other threads telling them how the tires on their TJ/YJ/etc are too big for the "dimensions" of the car.

Lets see your system next!
I disagree. This is why Foose does so much bodywork to his cars (smoothing, frenching, re-countouring, swapping/flipping or modifying bumpers)- to take an old design and make it "work" with newer elements. Chrome 20's on a Chevelle looks silly- when Chip does it it's magic. Hence the price for his cars.

You're right- you won't see me bashing the big tire/lift guys due to a lack of proportion or scale. The reason is that those changes are functional in nature. You are taking a utilitarian vehicle and overemphasizing it's function- which obviously works for the vehicle and makes sense.

Humans respond best when form follows function. You whipper-snappers will get it one day.
Carnutzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #27
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Definately not my cup of tea, but it's not mine. I don't think it looks bad, but I agree with these two statements....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post
Clean Jeep...but the rims are just too big. 18's are max on cherokee's that can still perform and look good.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996BlackXJ View Post
22's seem too big on a Cherokee.....
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #28
digizure
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Since you asked for my opinion, I think it looks stupid. You'd probably need a pair of ear plugs to mute all the laughter around you. Good luck.
digizure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #29
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just for my curiosity, what made you decide on 22s over 20s or 18s? i liked the idea of sahara 18s on my TJ or maybe even some KMCs in 20s, but tread for me is more of a deciding factor then rim size, bc thats what you are gonna be replacing.. how much are tires btw?
Unread 06-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #30
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnutzzz View Post
I disagree. This is why Foose does so much bodywork to his cars (smoothing, frenching, re-countouring, swapping/flipping or modifying bumpers)- to take an old design and make it "work" with newer elements. Chrome 20's on a Chevelle looks silly- when Chip does it it's magic. Hence the price for his cars.

You're right- you won't see me bashing the big tire/lift guys due to a lack of proportion or scale. The reason is that those changes are functional in nature. You are taking a utilitarian vehicle and overemphasizing it's function- which obviously works for the vehicle and makes sense.

Humans respond best when form follows function. You whipper-snappers will get it one day.
I feel like this is an apples to oranges comparison, anybody can throw down like Foose on just about any platform and make it "work". He clearly is not Foose, what about older rally cars? people who turn older STi's into show cars? that takes away from its off-road racing element? or older muscle cars takes away from their drag abilities. I mean, with the amount of money you are talking about with a Foose example, I saw someone back home turn a old camaro into a mudder with huge tires and a massive lift. thats overemphasizing something it didnt even have going for it. I understand your reasoning with the big tires justification, that was a terrible argument on my part, but I feel like the comment in the "street" portion of the forum doesnt really fit.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.