GA tag location and tag light laws? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > GA tag location and tag light laws?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
blakes143
1991 XJ Cherokee 

GA tag location and tag light laws?

I figured that this would be the appropriate place to post this thread. I apologize if it's not. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Does anyone know what the laws are in GA concerning the location of your tag and the tag light? I got a ticket tonight for my blue tag light and for the tag being in the window. The officer wrote on the ticket that the tag light was shining out away from the vehicle instead of down. I'v attached a photo that clearly shows that it is facing down not out. I took the picture right after I got home. Didn't tamper with the light or anything. The holes that are supposed to hold the tag in place are stripped out so I had to velcro the tag to the correct location but it rained pretty hard yesterday and it fell off so I just stuck it in the rear window which it can still clearly be seen.

I actually just read over the entire ticket and there is also incorrect information on it such as the location of where I was pulled over, my sex, and race.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to fight this in court in two months.

img_0532.jpg  
blakes143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

You're going to get pulled over in ANY STATE for having a blue light... That's for emergency vehicles. You're lucky the Leo didn't write you up for trying to impersonate an officer since your tail lights are RED and the BLUE tag light in the middle. Change it back to white take it to court they will throw it out or a small fine.

Your plate should be fixed to the rear of the vehicle in plain view. Pop off the inside of the rear lift gate and fix the plate screws

Edit: the minuet details that are incorrect don't really mean much
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
blakes143
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Well I guess I will just pay the fine and change the color of the tag light.
blakes143 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.