Full door window tinting? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Full door window tinting?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
TJNINJA04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Full door window tinting?

Want to tint my TJ full door windows but didnt know if anyone had any recommendations on brand, size of tint film, installation tips.

TJNINJA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

You can get a 20" roll that's probably 10' long to do both of your doors, but honestly, most any film you can buy at any local outlet is going to be garbage. Doing just the two front doors shouldn't cost you that much to go have it done professionally somewhere. Anything more than a 4" strip is illegal in Mi, so just be prepared that you can possibly get pulled over if you do the full door.
Dana 30 front with 4.56's/Dana 44 rear with 4.88's
AFRd_CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
FireMedic82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRd_CJ5 View Post
but honestly, most any film you can buy at any local outlet is going to be garbage
He's dead on with that comment. I tinted windows for an audio shop back in the day and I have used quality grade tint and I have used the cheap tint from WalMart and AutoZone. The cheap tint will tear really easy because it is super thin and it will fade to purple, unlike the other. It also doesn't have metal flaking like the higher quality tint so it will be hotter inside the jeep as well. Unless you have a local shop available to buy "good" tint from, just do like he said and have it done professionally. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Edit: As far as brand goes, I really like LLumar tint. If you want to do it yourself, the easiest thing I can say is to google search tint tools. I used baby shampoo mixed in a spray bottle with water. I good, sharp razor knife (I prefer Olfa). And, if you have never done it before, maybe try YouTube for instructions, and don't forget to buy extra tint for your screw-ups

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.