Florida law on side mirrors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Florida law on side mirrors?

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
BmooreTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Florida law on side mirrors?

What is the requirement for mirrors in Florida, Id like to get rid of my clunky side mirror displacement brackets but i want to be able to take the doors off in nice weather, so is it required that i have them on my jeep or is my rearview mirror good enough

BmooreTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmooreTJ View Post
What is the requirement for mirrors in Florida, Id like to get rid of my clunky side mirror displacement brackets but i want to be able to take the doors off in nice weather, so is it required that i have them on my jeep or is my rearview mirror good enough
Idk but I know some cars only come with a mirror on the driver or passenger forgot but just call the bacon market and ask it could be legal in your state but not in county
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Idk but I know some cars only come with a mirror on the driver or passenger forgot but just call the bacon market and ask it could be legal in your state but not in county
Agree just call and find out. usually it's you have to have a diver side mirror.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
CaptLeeB
1988 YJ Wrangler 

My understanding is a rear view mirror is good enough.

Florida

Title XXIII MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 316 STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL View Entire Chapter
316.294 Mirrors.--Every vehicle, operated singly or when towing any other vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the motor vehicle. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
History.--s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-31; s. 207, ch. 99-248.
Note.--Former s. 316.273
CaptLeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLeeB View Post
My understanding is a rear view mirror is good enough.

Florida

Title XXIII MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 316 STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL View Entire Chapter
316.294 Mirrors.--Every vehicle, operated singly or when towing any other vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the motor vehicle. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
History.--s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-31; s. 207, ch. 99-248.
Note.--Former s. 316.273
This is fact.

Read the statute, it specifies "A" mirror. That means one, and the rear view mirror satisfies this requirement.

I use a convex stick-on mirror in the upper corner of my windshield on the driver's side to assist in lane changes.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #6
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post

This is fact.

Read the statute, it specifies "A" mirror. That means one, and the rear view mirror satisfies this requirement.

I use a convex stick-on mirror in the upper corner of my windshield on the driver's side to assist in lane changes.

Max
That's what I need my rearview mirror always faces down from the subs vibrating the car
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
BmooreTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Mean Max;14859276]This is fact.

I always thought all we needed was the rear view i went mirror-less and door-less today to school which is across from a sheriff department drove by plenty of cops with no consequence so seems like Im in the clear
BmooreTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, that's exactly what I said. The one rearview mirror satisfies the Florida state statute.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
CaptLeeB
1988 YJ Wrangler 

It is a sticky in the Wrangler general discussion

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...r-laws-565361/
CaptLeeB is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.