Fast Jeeps..? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Fast Jeeps..?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #46
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenment View Post
personally I love jeeps, offroading is fun and all, but I was 17 an had 500 bucks to my name, my grandma steps in and says "I will buy you a car you give me a $500 down payment and $50 a month for ten months I will pay for one" she got me my jeep, but only problem was it was a 4x2 jeep cherokee two door.

dont get me wrong, my jeep is my baby, but what I am saying is I want to make a real muscle car out of my jeep. one that will destroy camaro ss's and dodge challenger RT's.

now I am going to school to become an auto tech. and I have plans for my little 4.0 jeep.

right now, its white with three autobot stickers and a grenade sticker LED lights on the front and besides the $1k sound system its pretty plain. still a I6 with 190 HP and little to do with speed.

in the future,

well the I6 has 190 hp at 4750 rpm 235 lb·ft at 3,000 rpm not much power... but the stock engine is mod able however, why do it?

if my research is correct, with very little modding to the body of the jeep (a little within the engine bay with moving a few things around) a 6.1 hemi should squeeze its way it relitively nicely (far from easily speaking drivetrain will have to be updated).

believe me I want to keep my jeep till I die. have two or three cars (including the jeep not besides it).

but if you are willing and able to do the needed mods which I have researched and will be starting within a year. it will cost less then $10k and easily be faster then most stock sports cars.

think about it if you have a stock dodge challenger RT even a 2008 its going to be over what $25-$30 grand? if I can have the ultimate sleeper that people laugh at when they see me pull up next to them because I (am believe me I will) rev my engine. then turn around and destroy them off the line and continue past the 1/4 mile? I will.

after that, there is always the option of superchargers (which plenty are out for the 6.1 hemi.)

but if I have as much hp as a challeger srt-8 (425 horsepower at 6200 rpm and 420 lb·ft at 4800 rpm.) and as light as my jeep is. wouldnt I destroy everything?

now I played around with the idea of a chevy big block but why bother? 425 is enough horsepower and easier to install speaking its still made by chrysler.

for those who hate street jeeps, I have to ask why? there are many different cars that are not made for going fast and getting there quick, but still do after mods.

general rule of thumb for me is, a car is as good as its engine and the person driving it. first thing I gotta do it upgrade the engine, then add everything about my driving later.

please dont tell me how hard its going to be I know. please also dont tell me how stupid it is, it isnt stupid, just a little childish and emencly sweet. having the fastest jeep cherokee SE (the 2dr 2wd jeeps model I belive) in colorado possible the country would be amazing.

anyways I also plan on buying a jeep cherokee to build into a crawler.
all i have to say is good luck. hemi swaps can run near 10K without a problem. and its more than just the engine you will need to swap. the entire drivetrain will have to go. nothing that came stock in your xj will stand up to that kind of power. and the non-reinforced unibody will also not last long under those conditions.

also, a good tip is to just ditch the soundsystem you have. the added weight does not help.

2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #47
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBCguy View Post
High EIGHTS??? I ran a full modified 396 66 Chevelle, baby tubbed, track barred, nitroused, huge ports, cammed, balanced and blue printed, blah blah blah...thing ran the best of almost any drag car I know of (wish I'd never sold it). It ran 8.79 on it's fastest 1/4 mile day ever.

The idea that a Jeep, of any model (except maybe an SRT8), could ever run even close to double that number time with only a few mods such as exhaust and TB size is simply this: a lie.
who said anything about high 8's with just exhaust and a tb? and do you honestly think a bolton xj couldnt hit 16's with just boltons?(judging by you saying "double that number") my old 90 renix xj hit 15.2's with a 3.55 swap, open exhaust, msd ignition, 5.0 filter on a 2wd, 2dr, 5spd, and that was with some 225/75/15 all seasons.

btw, for strictly a track car, mid 8's isnt crazy fast. there are some street legal cars down here who hit high 8's on the track.
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #48
T Hoff
1975 CJ5 

I can't imagine building a CJ5 for speed. When I jump on my '75. the old school front suspension gets me all over the road real fast. With my foot in the pedal, the frame twists a bit so I wont hold it long.

Cherokees.. Ok they are longer
jeep1.jpg   jeep2.jpg  
the 1991 X is my newbie with 331K on the clock: bought OCT.'03 with 183K
http://home.lyse.net/brox/TonyPage4.html
T Hoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #49
Meiacanthus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79StreetCJ5 View Post
Yes the above post is true. YZ360 is my brother my dad's jeep is a 2wd 78 CJ-5 with a 468 BBC. Here is my street jeep and will be at the track to know a time in the 1/4 on the 17th. Here is a pic of mine.
I've seen this Jeep....were you at this years Syracuse Nationals? Awesome!
Meiacanthus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #50
fuzz401
1978 CJ7 

11.70-.80 in 1/4 mile

turbo 400 tranny 2500 stall
model 20 transfer case
aj delux glass body
4" lift
dana 30 frount
dana 44 rear
4.56 gears
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v...slideshow=true
http://photobucket.com/albums/v31/fu...slideshow=true
13.461 @ 92.45 mph on 37" super swampers on 1/4 mile
fuzz401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #51
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

like the cj! so i went to the track on weds and ran 10:003@ 134mph. just about to be a 9:second cherokee!!!!!!!!
now building "prostreetjeep II"
pro street jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2010, 12:50 AM   #52
NewYork77

This thread is a joke
NewYork77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2010, 06:13 AM   #53
conifers4
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork77 View Post
This thread is a joke
Coming from a guy that has 2 posts under his belt and has been here all of 2 weeks...thanks for your input pal
Unread 10-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #54
RedXJ119
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i got a 92 cherokee, im not planning on making it a drag jeep cuz its my daily driver, but i do like to beat hondas on the street (its so fun to see the look on their face when you pull the whole time ). but for now all i have is a POS homemade intake,im getting a airraid one soon, and i just had my exhaust done, a pacesetter header with 2.5inch tubing from the header back with a flowmaster muffler ... im going to invest in a new throttle body, throttle body spacer, and that intake here soon, small stuff for now since im a college student o.O either way im hoping to get to at least 250HP since stock is 190.. i cant remember the TQ specs.. Oh and i do go offroad every now and then so im not trying to win any beauty contests :P
Unread 11-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #55
98BlkTJ

LOL its a trip when people see jeep that are faster than their car
98BlkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #56
1MEANJ

My "street jeep"
1meanj.jpg   847.jpg  
Unread 12-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #57
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice... I love J-trucks!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #58
1MEANJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
Nice... I love J-trucks!
Thanks! Me too lol it certainly turns heads at shows when it rolls in lumping away.... people look at it like wtffffff is that thing? A jeep?

I just smile and answer everybodys' questions
Unread 12-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #59
HotStuff
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron7 View Post
heh, 5.9 ZJ's are fast as hell right out of the box!

I'm building a 400hp 360 Magnum to drop into my ZJ. Just need the heads and cam and it will finally be done.

In a 4000lb SUV that translates to high 12's
I know it's a old post, but I want to know how it turned out.
Well? How's the outcome? I'll bet money that a 400hp engine in a 4000# ride won't go 12's...... am I right?

My 400+hp 372" small block Mopar in my 3100# '67 Dart only runs 12.50's.
'96 XJ 6.5" lift, 33's, HP30, 8.8", 4.56's, 4wheel disc, spooled rear, locked front, SYE, skids, yada yada yada.'51 Willys CJ3A 32's, 5.38's, locked front & rear, small block, Muncie 4speed.'76 CJ5 - UNDER CONSTRUCTION - resto/mod
HotStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 07:42 AM   #60
1MEANJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStuff View Post
I know it's a old post, but I want to know how it turned out.
Well? How's the outcome? I'll bet money that a 400hp engine in a 4000# ride won't go 12's...... am I right?

My 400+hp 372" small block Mopar in my 3100# '67 Dart only runs 12.50's.
What are your 60' 1/8th and 1000' times?

srt8 cherokees take almost nothing to crack into the 12's and theyre much heavier than 4000 pounds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.