Fast Jeeps..? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Fast Jeeps..?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #16
skyjacked94xj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post
Glad to see a strictly street guy here on the boards.

Refer to this thread...his name sounded familiar and now I remember why. Total BS'er

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f180/building-wj-street-machine-617144/
wow....... i am going to leave it at that...

CLASSIC TOY
1968 Chevy C-10 short bed
Chevy 350 crate motor | 4-speed | fully restored | Lowered | 20" Centerline Daggers.. wayyy too much to list

Project
1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
350 TPI | WS6 | 48k original miles | Flame Red Metallic

SOLD: 94 cherokee | Lifted | Locked
SOLD: 97 TJ | 33's | 4.56's | :(

Searching for an Ls-1 Rx-7 project....
skyjacked94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #17
seanyb505
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Mine is only driven on the street, it didnt come with 4wd and I kept getting stuck everytime I went midly offroading. I prefer cars, but I got the Jeep from my dad and it was fun to drive. Why not make it more fun? It is faster than stock...

Projected date of completion - lol

www.jeepstrokers.com
seanyb505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
scjeep47HO
2004 WJ 

That engine looked pretty good. I hear allot of guys having cam failure on the stroker 4L so keep an eye on things.
scjeep47HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #19
SoloCamo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjeep47HO View Post
That engine looked pretty good. I hear allot of guys having cam failure on the stroker 4L so keep an eye on things.
Only with aftermarket cams I believe, especially Crane Cams.
Tires: Firestone "Firehawk Indy 500" 235/70/15's
SoloCamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #20
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

This forum is not just for people that race, hot-rod, or pimp-out our Jeeps. There are a few categories of people not well-represented in the model-specific forums.

There are people who drive stock vehicles as a daily and need advice on parts/maintenance/service and aren't as interested in the various modification paths one can take. They just need their Jeep to run and drive well, do DIY service, or just need advice on repairs. This category includes those whose significant other/spouse is the primary driver of the Jeep and therefore mods may not be appropriate or well-received.

Then there's those of us who get our speed/style fix elsewhere and own Jeeps as a rough-weather vehicle or ski-bum transportation. The non-daily driven, non-wheeled Jeeps are hard to come by it seems.

I don't intend to wheel in mine, nor do drive it daily. It just needs to hold 4 people and go/brake/stop in comfort with good tires, a full bottle of washer fluid, and a working heater.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #21
scjeep47HO
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post
Only with aftermarket cams I believe, especially Crane Cams.
Yes that's true I just wanted to point out any potential issue that I see may come up.
scjeep47HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #22
Driftwood
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had a spray kit on my TJ in highschool. I ran it in the 1/4 mile 3 times with a best run of 14.7 and that was spinning. Eventually my rearend started making noise and when I pulled the cover off I found that 7 of the ring gear bolt heads had been sheered off. Now it has a Currie 9" and I beat the living crap out of it without the spray.
Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #23
Escape
2005 WK 

SMS Supercars Introduces the SMS 296 Supercharger for HEMI 5.7L & 6.1L Motors

Has anyone checked this out yet or installed it? Says it boosts HP up to 45% so on a 5.7 at 330hp stock that would be up to 495hp. I think I'm going to have to call them tomorrow . The wife will really love it if I got that and didn't tell her about it I'll let everyone know what I find out tomorrow.

You should have seen the first time she drove the new 5.7 Hemi, she was used to having to step on the gas in the old 94' ZJ with the inline 6 so she stomped the Hemi and next thing you know shes ripping down the driveway...you should have seen her eyes it was priceless.

A quick question for everyone out there...Anyone run the BFG T/A KO's 265/65/17's on stock suspension for a 05' WK?? Anyone have any pics?? Does it fit, will it work without rubbing?
I'm going to take my grinder to the tire shop just in case that ball joint bolt I've read so much about causes any issues.

Thanks,
Escape
Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #24
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

ha, you wont like mine then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finulanu View Post
Maybe I should have created this in general discussion. I know the majority of the people in this section "race" or make them faster ordub edition them. I kinda wanted to see opnions from a lot of people that wheel and have lifts, also.
Basically what the whole Jeep community thinks of Jeeps that are built just for speed and the street.
I'm personally not a supporter of anything that tries to make a Jeep a hot rod. It doesn't make sense to me, but to each his own.
now building "prostreetjeep II"
pro street jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #25
tazme695
1995 YJ Wrangler 

To Each His Own On The Whole Jeep Forum! I Do Have To Say A Friend Of Mine Named Smitty Has A Yj That Will Spin All Four 33' Till It Jackrabbits Up And Down At That Point He Gets Out Of It (you Know What Will Happen!) It Is A Very Fast And Powerful Jeep! My Point Is He Does Both! He Runs Fast And 4wheels Hard!
tazme695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #26
n20jeep
Web Wheeler
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Mine is only driven on the street, it didnt come with 4wd and I kept getting stuck everytime I went midly offroading. I prefer cars, but I got the Jeep from my dad and it was fun to drive. Why not make it more fun? It is faster than stock...
BTW...that engine is pretty.
n20jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2009, 06:30 AM   #27
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

heres a little updated photo you wont like either.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...B000415&po=415
now building "prostreetjeep II"
pro street jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #28
inutero1212
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hah, that picture is l33t. I am looking to mill my head and install the mopar head gasket. Quick question, how far is it safe to mill the head down? I saw the formula which was 0.010" = 0.2 compression gain. but there was no safe limit given. I would like to try and get 9.4-9.5, so is say milling 0.025" an issue?
inutero1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #29
Fierce ZJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreed View Post
i drag race my jeep cherokee. it only runs late 13s low 14s so far, ill get some pics and put them up when i get a chance.
are you running a turbo or a nitrous setup?
Fierce ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #30
Aceladriver

I'll add my two cents to the debate.

I can appreciate the tech that goes into any kind of vehicle build whether I like the vehicle of the intended purpose or not.

I started out as a dedicated car and hot rod guy. Trucks and SUVs were great but I had no particular need for one.

Many years down the road two factors came into effect:
1) Population has grown to such an extent that the roads are taking a beating.
Up here near Boston there are three kinds of roads: The kind that has bad surface and potholes, the kind that is undergoing repairs to fix the bad surface and potholes, and the kind that has just been repaired - and will need to be done again in two or three years.
I had an 86 5.0 5spd Mustang. Rebuilt the suspension top to bottom. Got trashed within six months, of course that was cuz I was going through Boston while The Big Dig was in progress
2) Other factor is - most cars these days just don't have the weight and traction to handle snow anymore. Remember - a few decades back the only people driving trucks were people that used them for work. Everyone got by driving big heavy cars and they went just fine in the winter.

So, when it came time for my next vehicle I started looking at SUVs. I get a vehicle that's pretty much "car" on the inside. It can handle our Boston roads that are closer to "offroads" and it can drive through the snow.

Got the first one back in 2000, a 93 5.2 LTD. I don't know about you but I never once got in a stock vehicle and thought "it's just fine as it is, it doesn't need any improvements"

Now I own four 5.9s including the SCd 5spd and none of them are offroad builds. (and I still have the 93 as my DD)

One in particular is going to be a real street rod. I'm going 2WD with it and it's undergoing extensive lightening. It'll be a good weather hot rod so I'm not concerned about 4WD on that one.

BTW - I know there are at least two people that have the 5.9s running in the tens in the quarter.

Aceladriver/Z88Z

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.