Engine Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Engine Swap

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Fraghax

Engine Swap

I own a 98 Grand Cherokee and I am looking to swap the 4.0L AMC I6 engine out for a big block/Small block Chevy. Will it fit? and what other things would I need to change? (Any links that may help would be great) I'm a noob to Jeep so sorry if I sound....well.....like a noob. oh yeah....I have a new 396 bbc and a 454 bbc that are newly built and one is for my Drag car and the other is for ?????? lol Thanks in advance for the help.

Fraghax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 03:21 AM   #2
hotrod-cj5
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraghax View Post
I own a 98 Grand Cherokee and I am looking to swap the 4.0L AMC I6 engine out for a big block/Small block Chevy. Will it fit? and what other things would I need to change? (Any links that may help would be great) I'm a noob to Jeep so sorry if I sound....well.....like a noob. oh yeah....I have a new 396 bbc and a 454 bbc that are newly built and one is for my Drag car and the other is for ?????? lol Thanks in advance for the help.
Anything is possible if you have enough money...that being said, I think you would have less trouble going with the small block. Never seen a BBC in a Grand Cherokee, but I think you would shred the rear differential in no time flat....and it would be tight. Either way, you are looking at big$$$$ to do it right.
Good luck.....
hotrod-cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
N2OJeep

sell me your 454
N2OJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
TrailKillr

Why not put the 454 in it? But hotrod-cj5's right anything can be done with enough money. There's a Jeep shop around here called Screamin Lizard that does Hemi swaps all the time.
TrailKillr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.