Don't feel like a real "Jeeper" - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Don't feel like a real "Jeeper"

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #46
rrasco
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps don't have to be rock crawlers. I bought a Jeep because it can go places my Accord cannot. I like to fish and go to the river/lake a lot. Around here, when the lake gets low, you have to drive through the lake bed (rocks) to get to the water. My Accord wasn't so great at it, although I have done it more than once, I had to take the long way, zig zagging every drop. The Jeep goes in a straight line to the water. A few of my river spots are pretty rugged, too rugged for a car. I take pride in having gone up a hill plenty of other 4x4 vehicles couldnt, while in 2wd with my street tires none the less. My plans include a 2.5" sport lift and 31x1050s. Just something more than nothing, but nothing compared to most.

Unread 11-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #47
CaptLee
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Jeepers

The reason a lot of mod. offroad jeepers feel that way is the stock yj/tj/kj and xj dosnt do the jeep wave back so it seems after a while it is them shunning the mod. jeeps Mine is lifted with a ford engine on 37's and verry few tj and hardly any kj or xj's will wave. "IT ALL STARTS WITH THE WAVE'

88YJ, 302 Ford, C-6 trans 208 t/c 4:56 gears in 30 and 35 diff. 4 "lift, 3" body lift, on 37 TSL's with XRC racing seats [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
CaptLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #48
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrasco View Post
Jeeps don't have to be rock crawlers. I bought a Jeep because it can go places my Accord cannot. I like to fish and go to the river/lake a lot. Around here, when the lake gets low, you have to drive through the lake bed (rocks) to get to the water. My Accord wasn't so great at it, although I have done it more than once, I had to take the long way, zig zagging every drop. The Jeep goes in a straight line to the water. A few of my river spots are pretty rugged, too rugged for a car. I take pride in having gone up a hill plenty of other 4x4 vehicles couldnt, while in 2wd with my street tires none the less. My plans include a 2.5" sport lift and 31x1050s. Just something more than nothing, but nothing compared to most.
I liked to fish and had a 2wd. I started fishing in more remote spots so I bought a 4x4. Soon the spots got more remote and I learned I liked getting to these remotes spots more than the fishing. I than bough a jeep, and the remote fishing trails weren't as fun, so i looked for tougher trails, than I needed to build my jeep bigger to get down them.

Now I like fishing again.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #49
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

I feel the same way, my ZJ is rear wheel drive and as much as I would like to turn it into a 4X4, lift it, and add a snorkel, she still has to start on Monday morning. There are few trails where I live and the only ones there are for "serious" wheelers. Dont get me wrong, I do try to take her through a field or mud puddle every chance I get, but as far as any heavy duty wheelin....
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #50
OntarioPatriot
2008 MK Patriot 

I realize as the owner of a Jeep Patriot I'm considered by some not to be a real Jeep owner but a Jeeper to me has always been someone who values and appreciates the tradition of Jeep. Well, that and owns a Jeep.

I occasionally take mine on light trails but it's primarily used as my daily driver. And I love Jeep like I love women -- I know the damned things can be a pain, irrational and expensive, but I also know they're capable, beautiful and you have to earn the right to be with one.

Am I a Jeeper? The hardcore would say no, I drive a "mall crawler". Me? I think I am. And I think the OP is. And I think everyone who loves Jeep, owns one, who smiles while driving one -- whether on- or off-road, and who dreams of the possibilities that Jeeps provide is a Jeeper.
OntarioPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #51
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well said, man!
Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #52
torque
1996 YJ Wrangler 

"The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain."

The Jeeper envisions the ability to do what he needs, and 70 years later is still choosing the same platform. If your jeep makes you able to get to the store for essentials when the snow is falling, or allows you to get miles from civilization, the jeep was then and is now a statement of freedom.

With all things in life there are the weekend warriors and the extremists, If you make your jeep do what you need to do then you are a jeeper. The phrase "built not bought" comes to mind. Build your jeep for what you want. The jeep is a utilitarian platform with endless possibilities.
torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #53
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I am one of those "You arnt apart of the group unless" kinda people. I love feeling better or special over others who just dont take the time.

However with jeeps this is not the case. If you own a jeep, thats good enough. Just remember the jeep wave.

However if its a stock 4dr wrangler or a 4 door with "bling bling" ... sorry but KMA
I usually do not include "cherokees" in the jeep wave to be quit honest.. always felt it was a 2dr wrangler thing but if I get a wave I wont hesitate to give you the finger.. jking I wave back.
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #54
sandandson
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My TJ's a third vehicle, and I bought it to use it for the purpose which it was designed - driving off road. That being said, I don't frown on people who don't do so. Hell, what do I care?

The only thing I think is pointless is people who put their Wranglers on 24's or whatever. I mean, I can't imagine a more uncomfortable ride than two solid axles running on low-profile tires.
sandandson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #55
ajobrien
2011 JK Wrangler 

Hmm, I own a bone stock 4 dr Wrangler....so ncreptile

Anyway, it is my DD so I don't want to do anything crazy with it. I need it to get me to work and having limited mechanical skills makes it even more important that I don't break anything.

I do, however, want to take it off road on some easy trails, beaches and that kind of thing, but since I don't have anyone to go with me at the moment I'm looking for a club in my area that is stock friendly. That seems to be harder than it sounds.

I also have a handicap....I'm female so combine that with my stock 4 dr JK and I'm not always taken seriously.
ajobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #56
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajobrien View Post
Hmm, I own a bone stock 4 dr Wrangler....so ncreptile

Anyway, it is my DD so I don't want to do anything crazy with it. I need it to get me to work and having limited mechanical skills makes it even more important that I don't break anything.

I do, however, want to take it off road on some easy trails, beaches and that kind of thing, but since I don't have anyone to go with me at the moment I'm looking for a club in my area that is stock friendly. That seems to be harder than it sounds.

I also have a handicap....I'm female so combine that with my stock 4 dr JK and I'm not always taken seriously.
Oops well see cant wave at you now the GF would kick my ***. She kept asking me "wow you know alot of people" and I just told her it was a jeep thing. Lately I am getting more 4dr wranglers waving at me so maybe its a good sign!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.