Don't feel like a real "Jeeper" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Don't feel like a real "Jeeper"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Don't feel like a real "Jeeper"

I love my Jeep to death, but I feel like those that don't go off-road are frowned upon in the Jeep community. I would go off-roading, but I really don't have the time, money, or knowledge to do it. Anyone else feel this way, or you don't give a damn?

Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
RoscoeJ
1986 CJ7 

IMO if you drive a jeep you are a.. Jeeper..If you want to take it 4wheelin awesome! If you want to rip it apart and make it 100% new stock awesome! If you want to lift it up to the sky and customize it all out awesome!
It is just what you make it ,and how you want to use it ,Hunting,camping ,mud bogging ,show car,4wheelin that part is up to you read on,,,this site, and maybe you'll find something you would like to do ,or were thinking of doing to it ,and do it....IMO
RoscoeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Pvt_Joker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i know what you mean. My jeep is my daily driver so i really cant afford to smash it up offroad, plus there are no trails around me anyway.
Pvt_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Arbslikewhoa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

when I think of 'jeeper' I think of the off road community usually. But if that doesnt interest you thats completely fine. If you ever did need to go somewhere off road, camping, fishing etc... a stock cherokee will get you most places anyway. Plus this way you can always re sell it if without dramatically dropping the price tag... and you also dont have to worry about all the issues that come along with modifing the vehicle... thats just want I think...

I just dont like big chrome rims... thats what the community frowns down upon! haha..

CLOTHIER TRANSMISSION & TRACTION PRODUCTS
Tire Chains for 31" up to 49" tires
Transmission Adapter Kit, GM/Chevy "4 bolt main" to SAE #2
Arbslikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Arbslikewhoa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

actually thats a lie... i think of 'jeepers creepers' actually

CLOTHIER TRANSMISSION & TRACTION PRODUCTS
Tire Chains for 31" up to 49" tires
Transmission Adapter Kit, GM/Chevy "4 bolt main" to SAE #2
Arbslikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
J-B
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I rarely take my jeep off road that is why there are very few mods to it. i like the the way lifted jeeps look and hope to do that to mine, but right now i am glad i get 22mpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/e...ammy-j-935630/
J-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
skyjacked94xj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thats why I have both. I absolutly love my 96 classic which I call my "street" jeep. And I absolutly love my 94 cherokee lifted on 31's. I wouldn't trade either of them. I love having the best of both worlds

CLASSIC TOY
1968 Chevy C-10 short bed
Chevy 350 crate motor | 4-speed | fully restored | Lowered | 20" Centerline Daggers.. wayyy too much to list

Project
1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
350 TPI | WS6 | 48k original miles | Flame Red Metallic

SOLD: 94 cherokee | Lifted | Locked
SOLD: 97 TJ | 33's | 4.56's | :(

Searching for an Ls-1 Rx-7 project....
skyjacked94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
xtreampyro
2002 TJ Wrangler 

A jeep is a jeep and if you own one you are a "Jeeper". Its made for whatever it is that you see fit. Mine is a daily driver. Its an offroader(6" lift, 35s...). Its a "show" jeep (Sound system, Streetglow...).

Jeeps are Jeeps so

"Go Have Fun Out There. Jeep."
Unread 01-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
scjeep47HO
2004 WJ 

I think anyone is a jeeper that owns a jeep. You need to see where you fit in though. Most offroad guys think people like me are a joke. I don't go offroad but I like the performance I have gotten out of mine. It's no race car but can hold it's own on the street.
scjeep47HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #10
TPI Monte SS
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My XJ is my daily driver; I use to haul around my kids, get to work, pick up materials when I'm working on projects around the house, etc. If I wheeled it and broke something, I would be screwed. I can't afford to lay up my truck for any length of time. Plus, my real toy is my Monte SS, I'd rather spend $$ on the car than fixing the Jeep after a stupid mistake wheeling.

So, my Jeep stays on the street, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I've done some mods to make it perform better where I need it, and that's all I care about. I still think I'm a Jeeper, but if someone doesn't like what I've done to my Jeep, too bad for them.

'06 Infiniti G35x - coupe front springs, tint, FX35 18's, hitch for the bike rack.

'03 KJ Limited -WifesJeep- 3.7, Auto, NP 242, '06 Limited 17's. 50K original miles.
TPI Monte SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

since when does wheeling cost anything?

It's foolish to think that it does.

I wheeled my jeep stock and never hurt a thing. was i out crawling on the rocks? no. i was on back trails in NH that a car or full sized truck couldn't do, never got a scratch.

the money comes in when you decide to modify the jeep. Even then, i spent like 800 and had 3" of lift and 32" mud tires, and i would follow guys locked on 35's.

Even all the times i went went out in the rock gardens and on crazy technical trails, I never BROKE anything. My jeep never required a single repair from wheeling, nor did it ever suffer any cosmetic damage.

dont use the excuse that wheeling is expensive.

And knowledge? Who knows about anything before they start learning it....did you know how to drive before you knew how to drive? No. Start wheeling, easily, with friends or a club, and you'll learn as you go.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPI Monte SS View Post
My XJ is my daily driver; I use to haul around my kids, get to work, pick up materials when I'm working on projects around the house, etc. If I wheeled it and broke something, I would be screwed. I can't afford to lay up my truck for any length of time. Plus, my real toy is my Monte SS, I'd rather spend $$ on the car than fixing the Jeep after a stupid mistake wheeling.

So, my Jeep stays on the street, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I've done some mods to make it perform better where I need it, and that's all I care about. I still think I'm a Jeeper, but if someone doesn't like what I've done to my Jeep, too bad for them.
oh jesus, im sorry...but i aint feelin the RT rims on your jeep. that stance looks so awkward.

I bet my magnum has seen more off road than your jeep has.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
alexrule123
What's a c-clip?

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
oh jesus, im sorry...but i aint feelin the RT rims on your jeep. that stance looks so awkward.

Ok Andrew calm down and walk away from the keyboard I personally like how those RT rims look on his xj, maybe if he lowered it some they would look even better.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #14
TPI Monte SS
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I wheeled my jeep stock and never hurt a thing. was i out crawling on the rocks? no. i was on back trails in NH that a car or full sized truck couldn't do, never got a scratch.
Well, then you're a lucky guy, I guess. I can't even recall how many stories I've heard from friends that wheel on a regular basis out in PA of how they broke something and were glad they had the trailer to tow their rig home. Maybe they're just crazy, but I'm not willing to take that chance.

Quote:

That's entirely possible. And like I said, it doesn't matter if you like it - I do, and I have to drive it. It handles a lot better with the Magnum 18's than with the stock 225/75 15s, that's for sure! Besides, I'd rather throw $$ into this one - it's a helluva lot more fun than my XJ!

'06 Infiniti G35x - coupe front springs, tint, FX35 18's, hitch for the bike rack.

'03 KJ Limited -WifesJeep- 3.7, Auto, NP 242, '06 Limited 17's. 50K original miles.
TPI Monte SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #15
Pvt_Joker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

the money comes in when you decide to modify the jeep. Even then, i spent like 800 and had 3" of lift and 32" mud tires, and i would follow guys locked on 35's.

Even all the times i went went out in the rock gardens and on crazy technical trails, I never BROKE anything. My jeep never required a single repair from wheeling, nor did it ever suffer any cosmetic damage.

dont use the excuse that wheeling is expensive.

And knowledge? Who knows about anything before they start learning it....did you know how to drive before you knew how to drive? No. Start wheeling, easily, with friends or a club, and you'll learn as you go.
Your one lucky bastard then. I've broken stuff plenty 3 times, my bumper carrier and tie rod end and put a huge dent in my bumper that i hammered out.
Pvt_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.