Custom Audio and Interior Pics Sticky - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Custom Audio and Interior Pics Sticky

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #151
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Can't download directly on my iPhone
Is it saying can't read format or something like that? Just download winrar or something that extracts zips

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #152
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

Is it saying can't read format or something like that? Just download winrar or something that extracts zips
I'll do it off my computer, thanks. **** sounds Ill

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #153
dB-SPL
2011 MK Patriot 

So what's the actual appropriate section to post my audio build? Electrical/Audio or Builds or what? I actually got it makin' some noise yesterday.
dB-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #154
Havoc443
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I just finished a stereo system overhaul that I've been working on over the past year in my '03 TJ (mostly as a result of budget limitations, poor weather, and time constraints) but I think it turned out pretty well. Definitely nothing as powerful as what I'm seeing on here but all I really wanted was a clean sounding system that looked more as if it came stock with the vehicle rather than standing out too much *it IS a Wrangler, after all * and that didn't take up all of my already limited cargo space. My buddy and I built custom fiberglass enclosures for the wheel wells and put a 10" shallow mount and a 4" mid on each side and then painted over it all with desert sand Monstaliner to match the rest of the Jeep interior. It's a 600W marine amp in the back and replaced the stock speakers in the dash and sound bar, and threw a 7" flip-out deck in the front. Everything is Clarion. Ran most of the wiring down along the passenger side on top of the wells in some split loom that I painted a tan colour...might adjust that colour later on. Ideally, I'd like the whole thing to be able to get caught in the rain and have no issues powering up and driving away. I've got some neoprene seat covers on the way and I'll be throwing some silicone around the edges of the speakers and the amp to weather seal it all a bit better.

What do you think?

Here's a link to my project album on FB if you want to see pics of the whole process (including the bed liner application):
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=02282dbfa0

Cheers!
Havoc443 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #155
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc443 View Post

What do you think?

Well done! Looks nice and well thought out. What do you put in the back seat area? You might want to get some grills for those subwoofers so you don't accidently puncture them with a tool or something. How does it sound? Notice any distortion from having to run such long RCA's?

My Rig

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1072569/
bbusch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #156
Havoc443
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusch View Post
Well done! Looks nice and well thought out. What do you put in the back seat area? You might want to get some grills for those subwoofers so you don't accidently puncture them with a tool or something. How does it sound? Notice any distortion from having to run such long RCA's?
Thanks! I like to keep a small tool box back there but mostly I just have gear for work, climbing or camping...it's nice having the space. I have definitely thought about some type of grill because that is my biggest fear...most likely it'll be my golden retriever putting a paw through it, lol. Not sure what my best option is without sacrificing aesthetics too much but I'll toy around with a couple things. Any ideas?

Haven't had any issues with distortion at all, it's a nice, crisp sound and the subs do what (IMO) they should which is accent the music, not overpower it. I was getting some interference and engine noise for a while which i thought was a bad ground or poor insulation on the power wire but turned out to just be a loose connection in the back. Also get a bit of rattling in one of the speaker pods sometimes but I plan on gluing the light cover in place and maybe filling the void with some low expansion foam to keep everything still.
Havoc443 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #157
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc443 View Post
I have definitely thought about some type of grill because that is my biggest fear...most likely it'll be my golden retriever putting a paw through it, lol. Not sure what my best option is without sacrificing aesthetics too much but I'll toy around with a couple things. Any ideas?

Not really sure, my Alpine subs are designed for their pairing grills. If you have access to one you might try and see if the Alpine grill works with your Clarion subs. Anyway I am sure if you go by a mobile audio shop you can pick up some generic ones.

My Rig

Unread 06-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #158
broadz
2001 WJ 

2.4m of continuous kerfing

Still yet to be trimmed in matching carpet
broadz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #159
rgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadz View Post

2.4m of continuous kerfing

Still yet to be trimmed in matching carpet
this is sick! nice job
rgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #160
rgreen

FS--- zj box
0804111654-00.jpg  
rgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #161
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^^^ Interesting and nicely done! What about the rest of the system? I saw you have a couple PDX amps lying in the floor, what are you doing for the highs and head unit?

My Rig

Unread 02-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #162
broadz
2001 WJ 

(custom A pillars to house 3" midrange and tweeters - 7" midbass in factory location in doors)
broadz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #163
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Nice and clean on the WJ. Wish you made two of the speaker pods. Do you still have dash speakers?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.