check engine light constantly coming on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > check engine light constantly coming on

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
sascuba

check engine light constantly coming on

Hey all,
I'm not sure if I have a question or just want to vent. In the past four months or so, I have had my check engine light come on in my xj. The first three times, I noticed nothing out of the ordinary. I took it to the dealer and they flashed the computer. Told me it was a code pertaining to the transmission on all three occasions. Last week, the light came on while I was driving. The XJ felt as though it was running on two or three cylinders. I could only get it up to about 40 mph. Drove it to the dealer. 10 days later they informed me that it was another tranny code and that they finally tracked the problem down to a faulty transmission solenoid (I think they said "the A" solenoid and that the governer wasn't functioning properly). So I shelled out 750.00 (500.00 labor) only to have the light come on about less than an hour after I drove it away. Of course I intend to take it back, but I'm a little pissed because I obviously now feel the repair was incorrect and not needed. What is my recourse if any of you have had the experience. More importantly any thoughts about the Jeep. Thanks

sascuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
onefastmoe
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Don't know what to tell you but my 99 Cherokee Sport has all the gauges (speedo, tach, fuel, voltage, temp and oil press) turn off for 5-10 minutes every once in a while and then they come back. The check engine light comes on but not the guages light and then the check engine light goes out and the gauges come back a few minutes later. Never any codes though.

Mikey
onefastmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
rhaller82
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Would there be some way that the sensor is prolly bad? My oil pressure light has been going off and I just replaced the oil sensor. The light has never turned off since.
rhaller82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.