BecauseRaceJeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > BecauseRaceJeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

BecauseRaceJeep

I recently sold this niner to buy another (faster) one... Always wanted a fast Mopar muscle car, but I'm broke and after breaking my leg, I can't stand sitting in small, cramped sports cars. I was looking back through a bunch of old pictures and planning the next racejeep, and decided to post some up here.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

Ever take it to the dragstrip?
Dana 30 front with 4.56's/Dana 44 rear with 4.88's
AFRd_CJ5 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

This niner never made it to the strip. Data logger says 15.50 at 92.3 mph. 0-60 in 6.5. Launching in 2wd was a pain.

The new niner will be much much faster. It's 100% stock right now, but after I get some "before" times at the first test and tune this year in shooting for 13's NA with spray.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

Years ago, a friend of mine put either a 75 or 100 shot to his basically stock 5.9 Cherokee and was running 13.8's. I have some video somewhere (might be on youtube). I'll see if I can find it.
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

Here's one video of it. Not the best, cause like I said, it was some years ago...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIyYQ...ature=youtu.be
Unread 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRd_CJ5 View Post
Years ago, a friend of mine put either a 75 or 100 shot to his basically stock 5.9 Cherokee and was running 13.8's. I have some video somewhere (might be on youtube). I'll see if I can find it.
There are a couple guys running 10's with these niners, and a lot more in the 11's and 12's. I'll be happy with a mid-low 13 second Jeep. Just fast enough to embarrass the high school kids with Fox bodies.
Unread 02-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

I don't doubt it. We were surprised how it responded with just a little shot in basic stock form. He did that to see if he could beat my stock 2000 Lightning I had at the time
Unread 02-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

I would regear like 4.56 front and rear, stiffen up the t case and launch on all 4's.
BCrawford64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #9
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRd_CJ5
I don't doubt it. We were surprised how it responded with just a little shot in basic stock form. He did that to see if he could beat my stock 2000 Lightning I had at the time
Annnnd?
cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:26 AM   #10
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

IIRC, he got some 13.8x's out of the Jeep. I ran some 13.6x's and was pretty consistent 13.7x's with the Lightning. In the video he beat me as he treed me, but both vehicles overall were about the same. After that, I put a chip and filter on the Lightning and went 13.1x's with it. Never did get a 12 second slip from it.
Unread 04-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #11
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRd_CJ5
IIRC, he got some 13.8x's out of the Jeep. I ran some 13.6x's and was pretty consistent 13.7x's with the Lightning. In the video he beat me as he treed me, but both vehicles overall were about the same. After that, I put a chip and filter on the Lightning and went 13.1x's with it. Never did get a 12 second slip from it.
Yeah. Doesnt take much with those 5.4's. Just needed to let them breath a little and they rewarded you. Makes me miss mine. Had a 5.9 and a Lightning. Had a lot more people wanting to race the lightning. Maybe it was the sonic blue color that drew them in, haha.
Unread 04-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #12
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Should be taking the new RaceJeep to the track sometime this month if we get a weekend without rain. Last two meets have been rained out. Shooting for like 15.0

Then all the go-fast parts will go on and it'll be the big 12 second target.
Unread 04-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #13
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ
Should be taking the new RaceJeep to the track sometime this month if we get a weekend without rain. Last two meets have been rained out. Shooting for like 15.0 Then all the go-fast parts will go on and it'll be the big 12 second target.
Jealous. Love the gunmetal rims on the other niner. What's your budget for this build if you don't mind me askin?
Unread 04-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #14
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly View Post
Jealous. Love the gunmetal rims on the other niner. What's your budget for this build if you don't mind me askin?
As much as it takes!!! Haha. I don't know. Until the wife catches on.

So far I'm still working on getting her totally up to par before I start in on the big go fast stuff. Between the PO and myself, there's $7,946.08 in receipts. So far, she has:
  • Battery
  • Battery terminals
  • Battery/alternator/starter wiring
  • Rebuilt 249
  • Gates serp belt
  • Water pump
  • Tstat
  • Radiator hoses
  • Radiator
  • Headlamps
  • Headlamp housings
  • Liftgate struts
  • Battery
  • Headliner
  • New OEM Floormats
  • Bilstein Shocks
  • OEM PCM
  • 150A Alternator
  • Pioneer Head unit
  • 10 Pioneer Speakers
  • AC compressor/dryer/condenser and lines
  • Rear End rebuilt from end to end
  • Trans filter/flush
  • Windshield wiper Motor
  • Windshield wipers
  • Matched set of 5 tires
  • Blower Motor
  • Trans cooler
  • Tcase Adjustment
  • Rear End
  • NSS
  • PS Pump
  • PS Pulley
  • 52mm TB
  • Vacuum Gauge
  • Oil Pressure Gauge
  • Ammeter Gauge
  • Gauge Pod
  • Catch Can
  • Air cleaner
  • Spark plugs
  • Air cleaner gaskets
  • Intake Manifold Gaskets
  • Viper Key
  • Drop Base Bottom
  • Valve cover gaskets
  • Spark plug wires
  • Distributor Rotor
  • Distributor Cap
  • Offset base
  • Air cleaner lid
  • 703 Injectors
  • Clear corners
  • SCT Tuner w/Hemifever tunes
  • Key'd wheel lugs
  • Brake rotors
  • Brake pads
  • All of the vacuum hoses under the hood
  • 4bbl Mopar M1 intake
  • Governor pressure sensor
  • Governor pressure sending unit
  • Spring isolators

And about $300 in detailing products...

Heads, cam, and all sorts of other goodies are in the works, but probably won't be funded until late spring/early summer. Who am I kidding... They might never be fully funded haha. Also need some lowering springs, Addco/Helwig sways, and some other stuff to make it formidable on the streets.
Unread 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #15
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Cleaned her up and got some pictures...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.