Bad jaring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Bad jaring

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
APnemesis2010
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Bad jaring

Has this happened to anyone else? I have changed everything on the suspension aspect of my Jeep. I have installed Rusty's Off Road steering conversion, control arms , springs, Fox Racing shocks, and dual steering stabilizers. It has a 4" lift 35x12.50x17 tires and every bump or pothole in the road it slams and jars everything on my jeep. I talked to Rusty and he told me to disconnect my sway bar and go drive it and I did but it only helped a little. Any ideas?

APnemesis2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
HandsOn

Did you ever get this figured out?
Does it feel every little bump too? Or is it just on larger obstacles?
Just wondering if something is bottoming out that shouldn't be, or if one or more of your shocks are frozen up.
And no, neither of those things should be happening with newer suspension products, but you never know. Stranger things have happened!

What about your tires? Those 17's will have a lower sidewall with less flex than a comparable 15" tire/wheel combo would. Could you have too much air pressure in them? Wouldn't be the first time someone's filled the tires to their maximum rated pressure. That certainly does add a great deal of harshness to your ride.
What pressures are you running?

Paul
HandsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
HandsOn

Oh, and what kind of lift do you have? Is it possible that the bumpstops were set too low and are hitting over mild bumps, instead of only over the most severe?

Paul
HandsOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.