Audio Help! BASS - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Audio Help! BASS

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #16
sikrsix
1999 WJ 

Im glad you got taken care of as far as warranty goes, but in overall quality, theyre not something I personally would run. Clean power is what I like. Lower quality amps use cheap boards and wont do rated wattage. As you turn up the gain on a lower quality amp, you are also turning up the "noise" .. Again if you like it, then run it. I was just giving my input and opinion. I myself cannot financially go with the best of the best, but I refuse to run low end equipment that adds "noisy power" ... Just like people who run 4ga power wire, that is almost always sufficient.. but I run 0ga and 2 batteries.

sikrsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
doubleOHxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't go so far as to say they add "noise." Have you ever ran Jensen? And its funny you mention wire. I run 4ga and my entire set up is made up of 6.5 component set up front and 6.5 coaxials in back, the 5 channel amp and 1 sub and even turned up most of the way, AC on high and my high beams on, my headlights still don't flicker when the bass slams(and it does slam) Maybe you've had a bad experience in the past but my amp came rated. Even a little certificate. Which I thought was funny. I'm just sayin, my component set came with a matching 5.25 coax and it cost me 90 dollars total and they sound great. Money isn't everything. Specs and materials. Not to mention sometimes you just gotta gamble, especially when there are no user reviews.
doubleOHxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #18
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikrsix View Post
** Quick side note** 15" cone area vs 20" cone area with the 2 10's to your setup of 30" cone area with 2 15's ... Really cant compare any of these apples to apples.
I also ran a single TC9 15" with Sundown Nightshade Soft parts running 1500wrms and it was louder than when I ran two 10" mmats p2.5s with 1500wrms. Also all of these setups had boxes built just for them, no prefab boxes and they were all tuned to the mid to upper 30s.

edit: that being said, I went down to a single sundown sa-12 so I could have trunk space again.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #19
JetRollin11
2011 KK Liberty 

I used to run two JL Audio 10w6's in a standard box with a Kenwood 800W amp in the trunk of my 2000Volvo S80 and it sounded great. I still have the subs and amp but now that I have my '11 Liberty Jet I'm wondering if it's going to be a bit much. Plus I want to keep as much of the trunk room as possible. Was thinking about doing a JL Audio "stealthbox" enclosure but they're expensive and I'd still have to figure out where I'd mount the amp.

Anyone have any suggestions? any and all input welcome. I live on Long Island and have used SoundTrax in Centereach for all previous installs with decent results (they didnt screw anything up). any suggestions on good custom shops would be helpful as well. THX!!!
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:19 AM   #20
jPaul92
1998 ZJ 

I have a 12" Kicker L7 in a ported 45hz box running off a 1500 watt amp, Pioneer HU, Pioneer front speakers, and Pioneer tweeters custom installed in the A-pillars. Sounds nice.
Unread 10-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #21
kvon11
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i just put a 10in bazooka with integrated amp in my Lj and it sounds really nice imo. it bumps enough for me and has great quality and output
kvon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #22
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Im running 2 12"jensen with a 500 watt jensen amp in my ZJ. 1000 watt kicker amp kit. No capacitor. Sounds absolutely amazing. Didn't pay for any of it either, except the amp kit. Traded an xbox360 for the amp, box and subs. I love craigslist! Lol. But it rattles **** in my house, sets off alarms and I ram rockford fosgate 6.5s with 2"tweeters all the way around so I still hear my mids and highs with absolutely no problem. Love this set up! Definitely doesn't look like much either, incognito!
forumrunner_20111007_111209.jpg  
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #23
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just finished installing two 10" Rockford Fostgates in my rear seat, with a 5 channel Rockford Fosgate amp.

It ****ing pounds.

If I had an XJ, ZJ, WJ, etc, I personally would go with two 12"s, or even more, and still have 3x the trunk space of my TJ. But that's just because I love the bass, and I can't get enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #24
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ
I just finished installing two 10" Rockford Fostgates in my rear seat, with a 5 channel Rockford Fosgate amp.

It ****ing pounds.

If I had an XJ, ZJ, WJ, etc, I personally would go with two 12"s, or even more, and still have 3x the trunk space of my TJ. But that's just because I love the bass, and I can't get enough.
I'm the same exact way, I've got 2 12s now. That literally shake windows, set off alarms, etc and I still want bigger and louder. I think my next set up will either be type Rs or W7s. Def leaning towards W7s though.

Edit: or... 15" fully loaded fi btl!!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #25
glockman02
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I second the infinity bass link. I just installed one in my TJ. It amazed me. I just wanted to fill in the low freq missing but this thing is awesome. Super compact too.
glockman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #26
omarl956
2005 WK 

i just threw in a 15 inch Db Drive wd in a custom box for a hatch and to be honest its all ill ever need in my wk...maybe later ill upgrade...but for now my amp and sub are a perfect match...2500 watts!!! Im looking into replacing the rear door panels with 6 or 8 inch mid subs and 6 x 9 subs and super tweeters in the back doors and the 3.5 speaker on the dash with another set of tweets....but first i must accomplish my lift project.
omarl956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.