Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

anyone built light into there bumper ???

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  blue92cherokee 
#1 ·
so i have been thinking about putting some light in my bumper.... originally i was wanting to build some smaller driving lights into it like the new wranglers but i got some 6 in KC's i wanna use instead. has any one cut there bumper to put light in them? would i need to reinforce the bumper if im cutting a bunch of the metal away or will it be strong enough :confused:

what do you thing of the idea compared to no lights?

this is how it looks at the moment so im also thinking of painting the grill when the fender is getting painted

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not sure about the bumper integrity aftre you cut away that much metal....but I like the photoshop!!!! I was thinking about frenching in some smaller ones in a similar location and proportionally similar to the Commander....

#3 ·
There was a guy on cardomain that built round lights into his front bumper lilke in the WK Wrangler
Not like the bumper caps in the Commander.

I tried to do a quick search last night but I couldn't find him... it's a hideous blue XJ with weird taillights and looney tunes characters airbrushed all over the damn place.

#6 ·
I did it before i changed to an after market bumper. But I used smaller lights. It wasn't hard at all and I didn't reinforce anything. Just make sure you have the right tools to cute through the bumper. It took me hours with the wrong ones, and wasn't pretty... hence the new bumper.
But if you are looking for a suggestion, I wouldn't even bother. Someone bumps you hard enough while parking and the lights are gone. Gravel, rocks... etc... always hit these locations as well. Why waste a light?

#8 ·
im still thinking about upgrading to the 97+ front... only cost a little extra :D lights in the grill were where i origionally wanted them but there is not very much room behind there anyway. maybe i could recess them into the rad :laugh: might just get a basic grill guard atleast that will protect the lights a bit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.