AC Failure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > AC Failure

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
sablak
2001 FSJ Cherokee 

AC Failure

Given the recent spike in temperature I tried the AC on a recently purchased gently used '01 Cherokee Sport. It worked fine for about five minutes, then the cool air stopped, replaced by a warm and humid air flow. Does anyone have any idea as to the problem?

sablak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

check out the compressor. Does it kick on then go off (resulting in the warm then hot air)?

Report back.

Also, your 2001 Cherokee would be an XJ, not a FSJ as listed in your profile. Changing that will allow others to help better in the future.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like you have a pressure issue with the R-134, you either do not have enough, you have to much, or the system is blocked. My cherokee used to do that when I was sitting still because the pressure spiked as the condenser could not cool the R-134
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
ericg2000
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if this is the same but my 90 yj ac will blow cold then randomly warm up. I had the freon checked and topped off. I've read other threads and they say my rpm's are too low. So I hit the gas some and the air cools off again. Do I have a problem or is this just how it goes with these ac systems?
ericg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.