6.5'' Lift, is slip yoke elim/rear ext driveshaft necessary???? Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > 6.5'' Lift, is slip yoke elim/rear ext driveshaft necessary???? Help!

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
SteeSin
1998 XJ Cherokee 

6.5'' Lift, is slip yoke elim/rear ext driveshaft necessary???? Help!

i need help. I have a '98 Cherokee Classic. I want to lift it 6.5'' on 35's. I want to get it from Rough Country and they recomend buying the yoke eliminator and rear ext driveshaft. I want to know is it necessary to buy the slip yoke eliminator and rear ext driveshaft? Also keep in mind that i will not be offroading at all. My Jeep would only be used daily on the street(just lifting for looks) Can someone please help me out and let me know if it is necessary to get the slip yoke and rear driveshaft for a 6.5'' lift that will ONLY be street driven. Thanks

SteeSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It sounds like you are thinking people do a SYE for offroad purposes, but to clear it up: a SYE will eliminate vibs that you get usually at speeds excess of 30 mph, so even if you jeep is only street driven it will need it. Its not like one of those "i dont go offroad so i dont need mud terrain tires" types of things.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.