Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4.0L nitrous kit?

16K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  nickh007 
#1 ·
does any company make a nitrous kit especially for a 4.0L xj? i have been looking for one but i havnt had any luck so far. i was looking at a universal EFI kit from Edelbrock. anyone have any luck with thoes?

#2 ·
most kits are basically the same...

#7 ·
nickh007 said:
thanks for the replies. i dont want a huge shot because this is my daily driver and dont want to risk any damage to the motor. i was thinking more around 50-100 shot, just a lil somthin to scare people!
The venom comes with differenet nozzles for different amounts of power shots.

#8 ·
nickh007 said:
thanks for the replies. i dont want a huge shot because this is my daily driver and dont want to risk any damage to the motor. i was thinking more around 50-100 shot, just a lil somthin to scare people!
you will barely feel the 50shot..... do atleast a 75shot

#11 ·
mgertsch said:
They're kits that come with injectors for each cylinder. The don't have the single fogger like a lot of kits do. I don't like the idea of any wet shot going into the manifold.
there really is no puddling issue with the 4.0 manifold...the velocity of the air is to fast for anything to settle...

i sprayed a wet system on my 93 for a while and never had an issue like that

#13 ·
#14 ·
i see alot of cheap kits on ebay that are "universal" i think they are dry shots with very little modification it looks like they would work out pretty easily. and also how much does it cost to fill a bottle up? ive always wondered about that.

#15 ·
fitbmxseries1 said:
and also how much does it cost to fill a bottle up
$18-$30... it just depends on what shop you go to

#17 ·
nickh007 said:
im gettin excited about this...im pretty sure im going with edelbrock universial kit with the polished chrome bottle.
im a newbie to this forum along with jeeps but i've been doing n2o set ups for about 10 years now on v8 and v6 fords and gm's.

the basic thing you gotta make sure of when you do a nitrous kit, as i tell everyone i do this for, is to make sure you buy all the parts to turn the "kit" into a system.
fuel pressure safety switch
if you have a manual trans perhaps a window switch of some sort or a programmer (fjo i think is the company, they make a really pimp peice that does everything! ill have to check on the name though)
bottle warmer (helps to get every ounce out of that bottle your motor and *** deserve :D)
blow down tube
id look for a wot switch(most kits come with them now)
larger fuel pump, injectors if you are efi
make sure to get a set of spark plugs that are atelast a step colder
probably a few other misc. things but usually they come in the kits now.

you'd enjoy the hell out of a n2o kit. i used the edlebrock kit on my camaro for quite some time, its just a really well peiced together kit. since its a daily driver you wanna make sure you have all the right peices to spray safely. if you are on a budget, pick up peices as you go, then once you have everything, put it all on. if you have questions on how to install, please lemme know. i have done only 2 jeeps, but it was a snap, lots of room and work with unlike an ls1 powered vehicle.

Good Luck!
Travis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.