-   Street Jeep Forum (
-   -   3" lift to acomidate 33's (

carlsonk27 01-14-2013 10:46 PM

3" lift to acomidate 33's
I have a 2005'rubicon and am looking to lift it. I spend 99% of my time on the pavement but would like to start getting a little off the beatin path. I also want the lift to accommodate 33" tires. I am pretty sure with 3" I will need and want a suspension lift but their are so many of them out there I get easily confused. Do I want long arm or short arm? Will I need shocks?

biffgnar 01-15-2013 08:07 AM

22 Attachment(s)
Go to the TJ Tech and use the search function. There will be thousands of threads where this topic has been beat to death.

Trendsetter75 01-19-2013 09:19 PM

Go with 3" Zone or BDS and 33's will fit perfectly. Good tires are Goodyear Duratracs. Short arm lift

TheLazyC 03-16-2013 09:38 PM

It will work...

bfc4lulu 04-25-2013 02:42 PM

2 rough country will run 33 12.5 15.I've personally seen 6 tjs and look and drive great. it only comes with coils in shock so it's an easy installation but I don't think you'll have any problems whatsoever being A pavement pounder

Brass_Body 06-17-2013 11:46 PM

I'm very similar to carlsonk27, I want to raise my Jeep 3" to accommodate 33" 10.5" tires. 95% of the time I'm on the street but the other 5% I'm on rough and muddy dirt roads that get mangled in the spring with all the water but nothing I would consider Off-Road.

I've looked at the BDS 3" Jeep Wrangler TJ Suspension Lift Kit as was suggested above... the BDS site recommends "A steering stabilizer and fixed lower control arms are also recommended." Is this something I should consider?

Also, having read the details of the Kit, my understanding is that the ride should be noticeably smoother and better than the stock shocks I currently have... Is that correct?

The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.