2wd Wranglers - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > 2wd Wranglers

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #46
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Being 16 years old + having a 4x4 = higher insurance rates. If the OP is trying to save for college and wants the top down experience of a Jeep, I'd say go for the 4x2 Jeep. Just keep in mind your limitations w/o 4WD or mother nature will kindly remind you. You can make it a mall crawler with larger tires and nobody will know better. There are many soccer moms out there who would buy a 2WD Jeep later when you want to sell it.

HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #47
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yup. My wife wants one.

We have had many many jeeps, the two recent ones are my current 87 yj and her 93 yj that she sold last winter. I have never put mine in 4x4 and neither had she hers. We live in south Texas where it's all flat fields and beach. What I have learned ( in 20 years of driving) is that if you need 4x4 then you have gone farther then your driving ability can handle. I have been through mud, sand, and snow in 2wd vehicles and 4x4's were stuck because the driver didn't know what they were doing
Unread 12-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #48
26trackt
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2wd Jeeps are an abomination. I'm building a CJ based 2wd pick up. There is something wrong with me. I know. Why would anybody even read this thread? Prcaticality & common sence have no place on either side of this issue. 2wd Jeeps? Really? Where did I park my DJ?
26trackt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #49
Sudcalifornio
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The first mistake it was a 4 doors wrangler, now 2 wheel drive, is like have a fat chick with an ugly face, two strikes. i hope mopar stops this abomination, i dont wanna be mean and rude, but i just hope no one with that thing come to join us to hang out.
Sudcalifornio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #50
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcalifornio View Post
The first mistake it was a 4 doors wrangler, now 2 wheel drive, is like have a fat chick with an ugly face, two strikes. i hope mopar stops this abomination, i dont wanna be mean and rude, but i just hope no one with that thing come to join us to hang out.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

At first, I didn't like the idea of a 2wd jeep, but I'm ok with the idea now. I understand the cost savings to get the look if you don't off road. If you want the tough look do a cheap lift and bigger tires. It will hurt your resale value some, but I guarantee you will have plenty of buyers when you want to sell it. By the way, have you ever seen a 2wd ranger pick up with a rear locker off road? You'd be surprised what they can do.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #52
On-road
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2wd and it looks exactly the same. Ours is a family vehicle that wont be off-road. It has better pick up than our 4wd that we sold and appears to get more mpg. I understand the way of life for MOST jeep owners and respect it but why spend 30,000+ on a vehicle and destroy it on the weekend.? Older jeeps are perfect for that, unless your rich and can afford really expensive toys..lol I love the look of my 2wd and unless you lay down in front of it, you cant tell. Again i respect the true/full time 4x4 nation but do what you want and whats right for you and your situation.!!!

Pics coming soon.!
On-road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 01:45 AM   #53
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by On-road View Post
I have a 2wd and it looks exactly the same. Ours is a family vehicle that wont be off-road. It has better pick up than our 4wd that we sold and appears to get more mpg. I understand the way of life for MOST jeep owners and respect it but why spend 30,000+ on a vehicle and destroy it on the weekend.? Older jeeps are perfect for that, unless your rich and can afford really expensive toys..lol I love the look of my 2wd and unless you lay down in front of it, you cant tell. Again i respect the true/full time 4x4 nation but do what you want and whats right for you and your situation.!!!

Pics coming soon.!
Less weight and components of the front axle setup, plus no transfer case. You're getting better power and fuel economy.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #54
MPETESS10

did anyone (other than Capt Picard in post #50) notice this thread is from 2009 and the OP likely is not looking for advice on this topic any longer. but just for sake of argument, a 2wd JK is THE PERFECT candidate to build from. trash the stock axles, add in some rock jocks and an atlas and you still have the insurance rates of a 2wd.
MPETESS10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.