2wd Wranglers - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > 2wd Wranglers

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #31
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i think people are missing the point of thread and keep talking about what if! this is for his wife that wants a convertable. they live in Oklahoma City not Colorado or Moab. if it is mall rated so what, im sure thats where she will be other than the grocery store. who cares what other people on here say, a happy wife is a happy life

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #32
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
i think people are missing the point of thread and keep talking about what if! this is for his wife that wants a convertable. they live in Oklahoma City not Colorado or Moab. if it is mall rated so what, im sure thats where she will be other than the grocery store. who cares what other people on here say, a happy wife is a happy life
you make a good point fellow jeep owner...

however you gotta admit, jeep is really taking a dump here. like whoever mentioned, its a classic 4x4 vehicle. thats like driving a V6 muscle car.

and uh... no wife is a happy life.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #33
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep should be 4x4 even if you do not use it. It is like buying a V6 muscle car. I would get 4x4 just in case you ever sell it or if it snows. I used mine the other day in the snow to get to school and I live in Washington where it snows once every 4 years if we are lucky. Also who is going to buy a used 2x4 wrangler? You could get her a stock used 4x4 cheaper than a 2 wheel drive that you would most likely have to buy new. There is just no reason not to have 4 wheel drive.
baritone_mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #34
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baritone_mike View Post
Jeep should be 4x4 even if you do not use it. It is like buying a V6 muscle car. I would get 4x4 just in case you ever sell it or if it snows. I used mine the other day in the snow to get to school and I live in Washington where it snows once every 4 years if we are lucky. Also who is going to buy a used 2x4 wrangler? You could get her a stock used 4x4 cheaper than a 2 wheel drive that you would most likely have to buy new. There is just no reason not to have 4 wheel drive.
in 16 years of driving i have needed 4wd to drive in the snow maybe once or twice and that was to pull a couple of 4wd trucks out of the ditch, seriously!! you ever drive on a snowy day and see RWD cars, and 2wd trucks.
Unread 12-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #35
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yes you do see cars and 2 wheel drive trucks but the 4 wheel drive helps to keep the Jeep going the way you want it to, unless you are trying to stop.

it is just easier to find a 4x4 jeep than a 2x4 so it makes more since to get the 4x4. Also if you go to sell it a very small amount of people will be looking to buy it, before I read this thread I did not know there was a 2x4 Wrangler.
baritone_mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #36
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baritone_mike View Post
Yes you do see cars and 2 wheel drive trucks but the 4 wheel drive helps to keep the Jeep going the way you want it to, unless you are trying to stop.

it is just easier to find a 4x4 jeep than a 2x4 so it makes more since to get the 4x4. Also if you go to sell it a very small amount of people will be looking to buy it, before I read this thread I did not know there was a 2x4 Wrangler.
yeah same here.

and you make a damn good point about people wanting to buy it. hardly anybody is going to want a 2WD wrangler.

also i like the V6 muscle car statement, great minds think alike sir.

Still not enough power.
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #37
odinseye84
2005 TJ Wrangler 

RE: the snow, i drove last night in the first snowfall here and my wrangler absolutely sucked in 2wd. I had to put it in 4wd.
odinseye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #38
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jossef View Post
I have an 07 2WD Wrangler Unlimited. It is actually my second 07 2WD but why I have a second one is a whole other story!!!
I live in north Texas and I know there are some who will argue with me, but this part of Texas is not 4WD country. I do not want to go muddin' and that is about all I could do unless I want to pay to go to a 4WD park. On the rare occasions that we get snow here, and this year we got more than I have ever seen here. I was stuck in traffic and went through a field to get away from it. I had no problems. After that I went down a street that most everyone was avoiding and had no problems going through the banks that had built up. I really enjoy my Jeep and if I don't tell anyone they never know that I do not have 4WD. I like the looks of the new Jeep. I did not want to pay the additional $2K that would have had to spend to get 4WD. It just wasn't worth it to me.

Joe
No offensive bud, but this thread is OLD.

Second, Jeep's are offroad vehicles. Having 4wd does NOT affect gas mileage. Having 2wd kills your value of your vehicle, good luck trading it in.
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #39
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinseye84 View Post
RE: the snow, i drove last night in the first snowfall here and my wrangler absolutely sucked in 2wd. I had to put it in 4wd.
thats when you put it in 2WD, smash the skinny pedal, close your eyes, let your hands off the wheel, and hope for the best but expect the worst.

Still not enough power.
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #40
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinseye84 View Post
by looking at your profile i would probally drive in 4wd all the time time for some new tires
Unread 03-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #41
trickman03
2003 WJ 

trickman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #42
cheftrail
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
then buy her a damn sebring and be done with it! don't bury the jeep brand with your convaluted ideas!
Unread 07-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #43
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This thread makes me sick
Unread 07-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #44
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

You guys have got to be kidding me!!!! My wife drives a 2003 WJ 2wd and we lived in Kodiak Alaska for 4 years and never even put snow tires on it. And you guys can't even drive a modded out wrangler in the snow!!! Hey I'll send my wife to give you driving lessons!!!!!
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #45
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

Not to mention I drove my 01 TJ in 2wd with the stock street tires and a 5 speed. For 4 years, 6 months at a time. No chains no studded tires no nothin'.
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.