2005 jeep liberty exhaust question, cats stolen - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > 2005 jeep liberty exhaust question, cats stolen

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
honchotheshiz
2005 KJ Liberty 

2005 jeep liberty exhaust question, cats stolen

someone apparently sawed off my cats while I was asleep last night, and my insurance won't replace it. I don't have the money to get new cats. so my question is if I put a pipe on there for temporary will it cause anything to go wrong with o2 sensors or pop up any code warnings?will it negatively effect performance any?

honchotheshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
jimkonow
2008 JK Wrangler 

yes, it will throw codes. however, as long as you get your cats replaced by the next time you have an inspection, you should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I need $$$$$$$ for O|||||||O
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
But the REAL answer is a True Jeeper goes topless all winter with nothing more than a jacket and never complains. If he's cold, he never shows it, if he's wet and miserable he mans up and shuts up.
If you can't do that, put the top back on because you're a poser anyway.
jimkonow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2005 , catalytic converter , ecu , exhaust system , liberty

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.