2.5L stroker? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > 2.5L stroker?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #16
Trenton

also if anyone can help me with the 4.0 tb install id appreciate it. when i installed it, i swaped over all 3 sensors, only thing i didnt swap is the little housing on the side that one of the sensors go in to. Problem is when i install it as soon as i start my truck is redlines???? but if i put the original right back on it is fine again. Does anyone know whats wrong or how i can fix it? i have also heard its like the best mod for this engine, so id really like to do it. Also, is the IAT sensor relocating mod for real or is it just BS? ive seen some say its great and some say it only fools the ECU and makes truck run rich and thats its the same as buying one of those $20 chips off ebay?

Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #17
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The 2.5 really isn't a dog, people feel they need race car performance from a jeep. Jeep are meant for off road. A 2.5 jeep will go anywhere off road that any other jeep will. They will do the speed limit on the road. I've had a couple of 2.5 jeeps over the years and they were a blast to wheel around in. With the 2.5, you don't want to over tire it. Run 31X10.50's and change gears to 4:56, or 4:88 and there quit peppy. You want a little more zip, install an intake, 4.0 tb, spacer, rollor rockers, cam, header and an e-fan. This will make a 2.5 jeep fun to drive. People want to put 35" tires on there 2.5 powered jeeps and thats just wrong. 31's are enough tire for most trails and do fine. People tend to want to run more tire than they need just because it looks cool. At over 200.00$ a pop, I'm over what looks cool and more into what works best for the kind of wheeling I do. On my built 258 with 4:10 gears I still only run 32X11.50 tires, cause thats all the bigger tire I need for what I do. My 258 has a holley 4 barrel, offy intake, comp cam, rollor rockers and so on, so I have the power, just don't need huge tires.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #18
Trenton

Thanks, im glad someone agrees that the 2.5 isnt a dog. does anyone know if a super chip flashpaq will work on a 2.5? when i search it, some sites say 98-04 gas dodges and some say 98-04 dakotas 3.9,4.7,5.2,5.9 but no 2.5. if they fit all those other engines they cant be designed for one specific vehicle so i dont see why it wouldnt work and since chrysler/dodge/jeep are all sorta the same it would probaly help other 2.5 owners. also the superchip part numbers will bring up dodge sometimes on one site, then jeep on another site? does superchip just want u to think its programmed for one vehicle or are they sorta universal between dodges/jeep between 98 and 04? thanks.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #19
jtravs48
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just a thought

I was talking some things over with the guys at Jeeps R Us in Laguna Beach, CA and 505 Performance. it is possible to combine the 2.9 stroker with either a turbo from 505 or even the 2.5 supercharger from Avenger Superchargers. with other upgrades such as my new roller rockers (yella terra) MBRP exhaust, pacesetter headers, DUI firepower ignition, 4.88's, electric fan and more the 4 banger has the potential of 275+ hp with around 300 ft. lbs.

of course for 10000 is it worth it?...idk but i would like telling folks i have a 4 banger and being able to smoke some the rice rockets thanks to my fiberglass front end and trunk.
jtravs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
cwbjeep97

throttle body modification

The 4.0l throttle body install on the 2.5L does make a very noticable increase in performance. The sensors all have to be used from the 2.5L throttle body including the IAC base housing that attached directly to the throttle body. The seat bore for the IAC in the housing for the 4.0L is larger than that of the 2.5L. If the housing is not change, the IAC will not have the ability to control the idle speed. This will allow the engine to run about wide open at idle. Also, prior to installing the 4.0L throttle body to the 2.5L the intake should be bored out to match the diameter of the throttle body. without doing this, there is not much need in making the swap!
cwbjeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #21
reaxion911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton
also if anyone can help me with the 4.0 tb install id appreciate it. when i installed it, i swaped over all 3 sensors, only thing i didnt swap is the little housing on the side that one of the sensors go in to. Problem is when i install it as soon as i start my truck is redlines???? but if i put the original right back on it is fine again. Does anyone know whats wrong or how i can fix it? i have also heard its like the best mod for this engine, so id really like to do it. Also, is the IAT sensor relocating mod for real or is it just BS? ive seen some say its great and some say it only fools the ECU and makes truck run rich and thats its the same as buying one of those $20 chips off ebay?
You have to switch the housing they are slightly different if you have tamperproof torx just knock of the little tabs with a small punch. I have 4.0 tb on mine the other option is to make a small plate between the small housing and the tb that completely blocks it off then flip over your idle set screw ( alan head opening is at the bottom stock) so you can adjust it from the top which eliminates throttle bump from your low end. It effects nothing else no codes nothing i have this done to mine
reaxion911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #22
reaxion911

I hear about boring out the intake but mine was the same opening size as the 4.0 tb it looks like it was meant to be. Run great and way better throttle response a little more power.
reaxion911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.