1995 jeep cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > 1995 jeep cherokee

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #1
msantos9107

1995 jeep cherokee

I bought this recently and I live in Va beach and driving it from NC ...it drives good being its older car but is it safe enough to drive that far a distance???

msantos9107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
harcoredneck

as long as you keep the tank full and check the oil every now and then you should be good, i got the same model year XJ and drive long distances with it
harcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
msantos9107

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcoredneck
as long as you keep the tank full and check the oil every now and then you should be good, i got the same model year XJ and drive long distances with it
thank I got it looked at they said might need tires but everything's good
msantos9107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just keep it maintained, and you can drive an XJ as far as you want for as long as you want. Being older doesn't automatically make a vehicle worse, and being newer doesn't automatically make a car better. http://www.allpar.com/old/high-miles/richey.php

I'd trust my life in the hands of any number of older vehicles (Cherokee included) over some of these new models any day.

If you don't know its service history, change all its fluids (oil, coolant flush, transmission--don't flush, transfer case, differentials, maybe even power steering). Cherokees are SUPER reliable, and as long as you keep everything maintained (very cheap to maintain as well), they'll run forever.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.