1988 Cherokee Laredo ( my first Jeep ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > 1988 Cherokee Laredo ( my first Jeep )

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
RichieSpark67
1988 XJ Cherokee 

1988 Cherokee Laredo ( my first Jeep )

Does any body know what the approximate 2" diameter hose with metal wire warped around it the entire length is? It's located under neath the air filter housing but I only see one end hooked up, the other end is just laying against the motor.

Thanks
Richiespark67

RichieSpark67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

I is probably used to duct air that has been blow over the exhaust manifold into the air cleaner. This was used to warm up the engine a little faster. Once the engine warms up there is a butterfly valve that will close and block off the duct.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.