06 Liberty Bleeder Screws - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-25-2016, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
06 Liberty Bleeder Screws

So this has been FUN! I decided to upgrade the front brakes to a set of stop tech discs and pads. I'd had all the fluid flushed a few months ago and the rounded of the the bleeder on the right caliper! So went to Oreilys and got some Best P/N 9402-2 replacement bleeder fittings of course made in Hecho China! Awesome decided to put the new ones in both sides bled the brakes and everything is go just Ducky! Start it up for the test drive hit the brakes to put it into gear...... Too the floor it goes! I'm confused take another stab at it same dam thing. So I turn it off crawl under the front rubber bleeder caps are shot off either side and brake fluid every where! I grab my wrench and check to see if I really forgot to tighten both? Nope both tight! HUH? Ok I bleed it again and tighten some more afraid to strip em. Startup hit the brakes same thing! Ok time to do something different . Pull one and compared to old one and WALLA! The very end that's supposed to seat and seal is aprox. .30" longer and for some reason doesn't allow it to seal. You sneaky China men! Ok go back to Oreillys and show them they get me a set of Dormans they look to be the same dimensions this time I just put a new one in one side! And same dam result brake fluid every were out of it with brake boost! Well this isn't my first Rodeo! Off to NAPA and or JEEP dealer today! This doesn't have to be this hard! So buyers Be Aware!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.