'01 jeep cherokee sport - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > '01 jeep cherokee sport

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
streetcherokee
2001 XJ Cherokee 

'01 jeep cherokee sport

My 2wd '01 Jeep Cherokee Sport.
- Tinted windows (35% front, 15% back)
- Blacked out tail lights and sidemarkers/fogs
- New kenwood headunit
- 4 kenwood speakers
- kenwood amp
- 2 pioneer 12" subs
- blue interior neon

Thoughts/suggested upgrades?

streetcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
98_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Love the blacked out look. Where did you get the blacked out side markers and parking lights? What about removing the door guards, rack on the roof, and getting a black front grill? That would give it a clean look. I would remove my door guards but the clear coat is peeling on one side and it would look terrible.

1998 Jeep XJ Limited 4x4
- Rough Country Series II 3" Lift
- 31-10.50-15 Duratracs on Black Rocks
- JCR Offroad Stage 3 Front Bumper

2010 Chevy Equinox
98_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

getta turbooo and rimmssssss

ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
streetcherokee
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_XJ View Post
Love the blacked out look. Where did you get the blacked out side markers and parking lights? What about removing the door guards, rack on the roof, and getting a black front grill? That would give it a clean look. I would remove my door guards but the clear coat is peeling on one side and it would look terrible.
I picked up a can of VHT nite shades and a can of Dupli-Color acrylic enamel clear coat at advanced autoparts (you can probably get nite shades and a clear coat at any autoparts store) and did the lights myself then i finished off with some turtle wax polish paste to give them a glassy shine. And about the door guards, I have some bumper coating that makes them darker, not completely black but they look darker than new stock door guards. I just haven't had time to redo the bumper end caps and the door guards with the bumper coating yet. I have never thought about removing the roof rack, would that not leave holes in the roof, or is that attached with adhesive like the door guards? I don't know if a black grille would look good or not, opinions on this?

here is my tail light close up:
Unread 12-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
98_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not sure about leaving holes or not, but you could always fill them with something (shorter screw) if they do.

This is the look I was thinking about. I think white with a black grill looks awesome.

This XJ has the door guards and roof rack removed.

1998 Jeep XJ Limited 4x4

2010 Chevy Equinox
Unread 12-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
streetcherokee
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I know what you're saying about the black grille and it does look good, but on my jeep the black side markers and fogs are surrounded by white and then the white grille surrounds the black inside and it looks even and clean. If i got a black grille it would make the whole middle black then have the black side markers left out. It might look good though, but I don't know if I'm willing to take the chance.
Unread 12-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
98_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I get what your saying now, it defeats the purpose of the smoked lights. I wanted to do the black grill on mine but after the new bumper it would be too much black. I think if you went with an all black grill you would need to go to clear corners.

1998 Jeep XJ Limited 4x4

2010 Chevy Equinox
Unread 12-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
streetcherokee
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I think my jeep's grille will look the best white, but thanks for the suggestion. What do you think about the door guards and roof rack? I think the door guards will look okay if I get them darker to match the black better.
Unread 01-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
RitterXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I like it, but think it would look better with a decent set of factory alloys.
Parts
My Cherokee's very slow progress in pictures:
http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq39/ritter40/
RitterXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #10
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I prefer the white grille.

Also you need some new wheels and tires. No huge rims, just something better looking, with a more performance street tire.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #11
streetcherokee
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I prefer the white grille.

Also you need some new wheels and tires. No huge rims, just something better looking, with a more performance street tire.
I have wondered about this. About how much would it cost (cheaper end) to get decent looking tires/rims? What are all the sizes about (# by # by # measurements, etc) and how do I fit rims with tires, will any rims fit with any tires? I know I probably sound stupid but I have no idea about this. Could you give a link so what you think would look good with my jeep and doesnt cost much? Thanks

edit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-x-...Q5fAccessories

What abut these?

Last edited by streetcherokee; 01-06-2011 at 10:27 PM..
Unread 02-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
seanyb505
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Those rims actually look nice. Most people who do a street jeep will over-do it and go for 20s. They look horrible in most cases. If you're looking for some cheap rim options look for some used mopar pieces. I have Liberty 16's that I picked up with tires for $300. Check craigslist for people who bling their rides. I believe the patriot had a nice 16 or 17in rim that I wanted to see on an XJ but they were too new when I was in the market. You should look for a rim that has a 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

My favorite tire size that I had on mine were 255/55/15. Pirelli doesnt make that size anymore, but I think you might be able to find something similar somewhere. I think the biggest rim size you can go with without making it too toyish is 17's, but then tires start getting expensive. If you stay with a 15in rim a 235/70/15 would give it a nice stance.

Projected date of completion - lol

www.jeepstrokers.com
seanyb505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.