Zone Vs. RC???? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Zone Vs. RC????

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 09-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #16
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjJeeps
Well, I know what im doing. I have 3 cherokees. One a grand with a 7 inch long arm, np231 tc, true dana 44 with a truss and true track posi, and a high pinion dana 30 with 4.56 gears. for a 16 year old, i know my jeeps. I just want some input on the difference in zone and RC. And yea, i would probably need an SYE if i lift it more that 4 inches due to driveshaft vibration, and an adjustable track bar. But like i said, zone or RC?
Let me get this right you already have a longarmed rig that is build somewhat well , looking at a lift for another rig and what are you looking at are entry level lifts with AAL's. That proves you don't know what your doing , Piece together a kit it'll save you Money and at 4.5" you better be getting a Sye and going longarm just my .02

Unread 09-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #17
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

^^^ Pretty much this.

I'm wondering why someone that "know[s] what [they're] doing" is asking basic questions like what lift they should get.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #18
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy
LOL why are you taking it so personal. They make cheap products that usually get swapped out of better equipment when the owner can a afford to do so. Rough Country is like weed. There a gate way lift kit. Once you try them it only leaves the door open to a better more well built and better performing lift kit. I read your build, well the first 3 post where you want to go to long arm an RE springs. Get over it dude.
Say what you want about rough country
But let's leave weed out of this.
Defiantly not a gate way
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Zone and RC is basically the same *****. Pick the one that has the best customer service. /thread
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
Good to know that you know your ****! Rough country honestly is a great company if you order through them. They have an almost no questions ask warranty. Their quality is about sub par to most lifts. Everyone bashes RC because of how cheap they are. But those who bash don't actually own an RC product. I do and let me tell you that their stuff is quality stuff just not the best. Their lifts are perfectly fine, its their shocks that suck. Get some bilsteins with the kit and it will ride fantastically! I haven't heard anything really good about Zone. Supposedly they are a sub company of BDS. Their kits look just as jeep as any other kits. I suggest Rough Country.
Most of the time it is because they did run RC and realized it wasn't very good and replaced it. If you are driving down dirt roads and on the beach it will do the job just fine but will fall short with anything more advanced. There is a reason I no longer run anything RC on my XJ.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #21
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123
Most of the time it is because they did run RC and realized it wasn't very good and replaced it. If you are driving down dirt roads and on the beach it will do the job just fine but will fall short with anything more advanced. There is a reason I no longer run anything RC on my XJ.
Funny you say this my neighbor just redid his suspension on his XJ. He's running Rubicon Express 5.5" coils and leafs with Rough country. Drop brackets , Adjustable uppers and lowers and trackbars. He drove his XJ down the street. And came back in a bad mood. Cause the fitment of the RC stuff the front end was popping and didn't feel right. Even with following Rc's directions and torque specs.
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #22
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Call me crazy, but RE stuff is comparable to RC. I never understood the big hype on RE stuff. It's just way overpriced RC stuff in my opinion. It's all dinky sized and uses ****ty joints.
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Call me crazy, but RE stuff is comparable to RC. I never understood the big hype on RE stuff. It's just way overpriced RC stuff in my opinion. It's all dinky sized and uses ****ty joints.
You have been drinking too much PBR
Go back to your corner !

RE's springs are way better then RC's.
I have to agree about the joints which is why I don't run RE arms.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #24
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
You have been drinking too much PBR
Go back to your corner !

RE's springs are way better then RC's.
I have to agree about the joints which is why I don't run RE arms.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Ok, I can't speak for their springs. But joints and dinky arms and track bars.
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #25
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, I can speak for their leaf springs lol. I had to "hybrid" a set of RE's with an add a leaf because the RE's were already sagged lol.
Unread 09-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #26
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Sadly the new RE is not the same as the old RE. They've changed hands and fallen to ways of the new economy. IE. sell some crap cheap and cover it with a line-of-sight warranty (expires as soon as you're out of sight).

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #27
nolanbalzarini

Rubicon express or dont do it at all
nolanbalzarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #28
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj
Sadly the new RE is not the same as the old RE. They've changed hands and fallen to ways of the new economy. IE. sell some crap cheap and cover it with a line-of-sight warranty (expires as soon as you're out of sight).
Your a little off there Chris. The new warranty is a transferable lifetime. I have the new Trans American Auto owned RE springs on my XJ. They flex ride and sit the same way as my buddy's XJ with the old RE. But my Spring bushings seem to be holding up better then his ever did

I can also assure you the springs use the same material with the same grade and spring rated from The same exact assembly plant and line the original RE came from. Part of the merger with Transamerican auto stated was that the RE line was to remain unchanged to uphold the quality and reputation RE was know for.

I did lots of research before I bought RE. Over BDS
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

wow I see that now. Looks like things have changed since I got a little sour taste in my mouth and quite paying attention to them.
I'm glad to hear that and would love to feel some pride in them again cause I'm rockin RE too.

On topic edit* I'd still do Rubicon again before Zone or RC.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #30
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Your a little off there Chris. The new warranty is a transferable lifetime. I have the new Trans American Auto owned RE springs on my XJ. They flex ride and sit the same way as my buddy's XJ with the old RE. But my Spring bushings seem to be holding up better then his ever did

I can also assure you the springs use the same material with the same grade and spring rated from The same exact assembly plant and line the original RE came from. Part of the merger with Transamerican auto stated was that the RE line was to remain unchanged to uphold the quality and reputation RE was know for.

I did lots of research before I bought RE. Over BDS
This is comforting. I had suspicions of one of my RE coils sagging (mine are the new RE) but it ended up being my passenger AAL sagging a bit causing the "gangsta" lean.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.