Zone Vs. RC???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Zone Vs. RC????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Reply
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
RjJeeps
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: victorville, california
Posts: 39
Zone Vs. RC????

Hey guys, I'm 16 and have a stock 1990 xj. Ive been working all summer to save up for a lift and I finally have enough cash to throw one on. Ive decided to go with a 4.5 inch, but cant make up my mind between Zones 4.5 aal system, of RC 4.5 aal system. Im not gonna be hardcore wheelin, just want better offraod performance and good on road ride. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RjJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Muddy97Cherokee
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mustang, Oklahoma
Posts: 635
For one, don't get aal. You will regret it 6 months, if that, down the road when the leafs start sagging again. Get full leaf packs to save you your time and money. Two, 4.5 is a big step in lifting an XJ. Its not just buying the kit. Other parts are necessary to have that kind of lift and have the jeep handle as nice as it was stock. I suggest 3 inch until you are ready or you know what you are doing. It is you jeep and you make the decisions, I was just throwing that out their. I was 16 a few years ago and let me tell you that I could have never done what I have know without starting at 3" and learning the ropes.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/muddy97cherokees-build-thread-1318554/"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Blue"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
RjJeeps
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: victorville, california
Posts: 39
Well, I know what im doing. I have 3 cherokees. One a grand with a 7 inch long arm, np231 tc, true dana 44 with a truss and true track posi, and a high pinion dana 30 with 4.56 gears. for a 16 year old, i know my jeeps. I just want some input on the difference in zone and RC. And yea, i would probably need an SYE if i lift it more that 4 inches due to driveshaft vibration, and an adjustable track bar. But like i said, zone or RC?
RjJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
JeepinJeremy
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: , Colorado
Posts: 558
Zone will give you a better ride. Rough Country well rides rough as the name of the product states. I have used both. But aal that comes with the Zone kit holds up well as long as your not already sagging in the rear. My new XJ i went with RE 4.5 With new rear leafs. Night and day difference between the zone. RE is firm when cornering the Zone fells kinda soft. For the price if that's your issue go Zone. You won't regret it.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
RjJeeps
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: victorville, california
Posts: 39
Well, I know what im doing. I have 3 cherokees. One a grand with a 7 inch long arm, np231 tc, true dana 44 with a truss and true track posi, and a high pinion dana 30 with 4.56 gears. for a 16 year old, i know my jeeps. I just want some input on the difference in zone and RC. And yea, i would probably need an SYE if i lift it more that 4 inches due to driveshaft vibration, and an adjustable track bar. But like i said, zone or RC??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
For one, don't get aal. You will regret it 6 months, if that, down the road when the leafs start sagging again. Get full leaf packs to save you your time and money. Two, 4.5 is a big step in lifting an XJ. Its not just buying the kit. Other parts are necessary to have that kind of lift and have the jeep handle as nice as it was stock. I suggest 3 inch until you are ready or you know what you are doing. It is you jeep and you make the decisions, I was just throwing that out their. I was 16 a few years ago and let me tell you that I could have never done what I have know without starting at 3" and learning the ropes.
RjJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
RjJeeps
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: victorville, california
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy View Post
Zone will give you a better ride. Rough Country well rides rough as the name of the product states. I have used both. But aal that comes with the Zone kit holds up well as long as your not already sagging in the rear. My new XJ i went with RE 4.5 With new rear leafs. Night and day difference between the zone. RE is firm when cornering the Zone fells kinda soft. For the price if that's your issue go Zone. You won't regret it.
Thanks man, Yea my jeep only has 160 thousand on it and the leafs are holding up well.
RjJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #7
JeepinJeremy
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: , Colorado
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjJeeps View Post
Well, I know what im doing. I have 3 cherokees. One a grand with a 7 inch long arm, np231 tc, true dana 44 with a truss and true track posi, and a high pinion dana 30 with 4.56 gears. for a 16 year old, i know my jeeps. I just want some input on the difference in zone and RC. And yea, i would probably need an SYE if i lift it more that 4 inches due to driveshaft vibration, and an adjustable track bar. But like i said, zone or RC??
btw zone comes with a t-case drop and to date no vibe at rear DS with no sye. running 32bfg ko's.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #8
Muddy97Cherokee
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mustang, Oklahoma
Posts: 635
Good to know that you know your ****! Rough country honestly is a great company if you order through them. They have an almost no questions ask warranty. Their quality is about sub par to most lifts. Everyone bashes RC because of how cheap they are. But those who bash don't actually own an RC product. I do and let me tell you that their stuff is quality stuff just not the best. Their lifts are perfectly fine, its their shocks that suck. Get some bilsteins with the kit and it will ride fantastically! I haven't heard anything really good about Zone. Supposedly they are a sub company of BDS. Their kits look just as jeep as any other kits. I suggest Rough Country.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/muddy97cherokees-build-thread-1318554/"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Blue"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
Muddy97Cherokee
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mustang, Oklahoma
Posts: 635
I would stay away from a T-case drop if you are wheeling. Go SYE so you will never have to worry about the DS falling out or vibes. Rough Country will lay out what you need on the kits site. The recommended items are not totally needed but are needed if you want the stock feeling back.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/muddy97cherokees-build-thread-1318554/"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Blue"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #10
JeepinJeremy
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: , Colorado
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
Good to know that you know your ****! Rough country honestly is a great company if you order through them. They have an almost no questions ask warranty. Their quality is about sub par to most lifts. Everyone bashes RC because of how cheap they are. But those who bash don't actually own an RC product. I do and let me tell you that their stuff is quality stuff just not the best. Their lifts are perfectly fine, its their shocks that suck. Get some bilsteins with the kit and it will ride fantastically! I haven't heard anything really good about Zone. Supposedly they are a sub company of BDS. Their kits look just as jeep as any other kits. I suggest Rough Country.
Nothing wrong with either kits, has to do with preference,price and drivability I would think. Why are you getting so butt hurt about it? An sye kit is pretty much the standard for any real wheeling rig and zone even tells you that as well in there kit. Dude asked a simply asked a question which would be better i gave him my personal experience. Btw the upgraded shocks they give you for free with the zone kit ride great. So THUBS UP for Zone.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #11
JeepinJeremy
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: , Colorado
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
I would stay away from a T-case drop if you are wheeling. Go SYE so you will never have to worry about the DS falling out or vibes. Rough Country will lay out what you need on the kits site. The recommended items are not totally needed but are needed if you want the stock feeling back.
Nothing wrong with a t-case drop in conjunction with an sye. No everyone out there is going to cut and rotate there rear axle to properly set angle. Thats why they make t-case drops and degree shims for the rear axle. I bet your using one or the either on your rig.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #12
Muddy97Cherokee
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mustang, Oklahoma
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy View Post
Nothing wrong with either kits, has to do with preference,price and drivability I would think. Why are you getting so butt hurt about it? An sye kit is pretty much the standard for any real wheeling rig and zone even tells you that as well in there kit. Dude asked a simply asked a question which would be better i gave him my personal experience. Btw the upgraded shocks they give you for free with the zone kit ride great. So THUBS UP for Zone.
What was I getting butt hurt about? Obviously you are getting butt hurt if you are bringing up being butt hurt. I also gave him personal experience that I had with Rough Country. They are a great company and everybody who has had them that I personally know have had nothing but great things to say about them. I get sick and tired of people who have never actually owned a RC product bash them because they are cheap. I am not saying that you are bashing them but others do.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/muddy97cherokees-build-thread-1318554/"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Blue"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #13
Muddy97Cherokee
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mustang, Oklahoma
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy View Post
Nothing wrong with a t-case drop in conjunction with an sye. No everyone out there is going to cut and rotate there rear axle to properly set angle. Thats why they make t-case drops and degree shims for the rear axle. I bet your using one or the either on your rig.
I had a t-case drop when I lifted my XJ 4". I needed the T-case drop to get rid of my vibes and only because I didn't have the money for an SYE. After a couple trips of wheeling I noticed that my crossmember had gotten the **** beat out of it. When i finally redid my lift I got an SYE to save my new long arm crossmember. Not only that but I have shackle relocators and that would have caused me to pull my rear DS out even with a 4 inch T-case drop. Also with the SYE you are able to swap the front and rear DS's so if the rear one breaks on you then you can easily swap out the front to the rear so you are not stuck in FWD on and off the trail.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/muddy97cherokees-build-thread-1318554/"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Blue"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:29 AM   #14
JeepinJeremy
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: , Colorado
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
What was I getting butt hurt about? Obviously you are getting butt hurt if you are bringing up being butt hurt. I also gave him personal experience that I had with Rough Country. They are a great company and everybody who has had them that I personally know have had nothing but great things to say about them. I get sick and tired of people who have never actually owned a RC product bash them because they are cheap. I am not saying that you are bashing them but others do.
LOL why are you taking it so personal. They make cheap products that usually get swapped out of better equipment when the owner can a afford to do so. Rough Country is like weed. There a gate way lift kit. Once you try them it only leaves the door open to a better more well built and better performing lift kit. I read your build, well the first 3 post where you want to go to long arm an RE springs. Get over it dude.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
Muddy97Cherokee
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mustang, Oklahoma
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy View Post

LOL why are you taking it so personal. They make cheap products that usually get swapped out of better equipment when the owner can a afford to do so. Rough Country is like weed. There a gate way lift kit. Once you try them it only leaves the door open to a better more well built and better performing lift kit. I read your build, well the first 3 post where you want to go to long arm an RE springs. Get over it dude.
I'm not taking it personal. I still don't see why you think I'm getting butt hurt about this. I am explaining my personal view on Rough Country unlike others who have biased views against them. They are not to quality but they get the job done and is ordinarily the best of the cheap lifts. Others may be better in certain parts but no company, that I know of, can match Rough Country's warranty.

Instead of reading the first three post of my build thread why don't you look at the last page and see what I have actually done to it.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/muddy97cherokees-build-thread-1318554/"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Blue"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.