Zone Offroad 3" Leaf Springs - Opinions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Zone Offroad 3" Leaf Springs - Opinions?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
teknics

Zone Offroad 3" Leaf Springs - Opinions?

SO I need to replace my leafs (currently i think i have stock springs with an add-a-leaf, a block, and RC shackles....the leaf pack is now in negative arch land)

I have 5.5" lift in the front and 5" in the rear right now. Doing some rough math (RC shackles - 2", Shackle Relocators - .75-1"....plus droop eventually from a tire carrier rear bumper holding a 33) I'm thinking getting a nice set of full 3" lift leaf springs is what I need. everyone seems to make either 2.5 or 3.5 full packs, of course.

I found these from Zone Offroad:
http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=437&gr=-1

anyone have opinions on Zone products, hopefully leaf spring specific opinions?

Or recommendations for a 3" full leaf pack....

teknics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have heard decent things about the Zone coils and leafs. As I understand it they are a lower cost version of BDS (IIRC)? I hear the shocks are not very good but if you are just looking at leafs, you should be GTG.

No personal experience however. I spoke to the guys at North Shore 4x4 and they said they were decent stuff!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
b16gsr
1996 XJ Cherokee 

As stated above, they are made buy BDS. Not sure of the difference in the quality. I have done probably a half dozen of the Zone 3" kits with great success. Great product for the price.
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

similar pricing to rough country, so most likely similar quality

March 2012 COTM
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
teknics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver View Post
similar pricing to rough country, so most likely similar quality
and so your recommendation would be? price isn't the concern, im just looking for a nice 3" full pack, all opinions welcome.
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

if price isnt an option you should buy some nice Deavers, or whatever they called ha i having a brain fart

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
teknics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
if price isnt an option you should buy some nice Deavers, or whatever they called ha i having a brain fart
ill search for them, i remember hearing some brand name of leafs that are supposedly very nice but cant remember the manufacturer

edit: nope deaver only has 4". i guess i could adjust my shackles to 1.5" then I can probably at least use a 3.5" pack which seems more common
Unread 12-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

alcan's or deavers are probably some of the best springs.

im sure bds makes good ones too

March 2012 COTM
Unread 12-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #9
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i couldn't find em on bds's website, but here they are from a vendor http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-7442709-j...1984-2001.html

March 2012 COTM
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
teknics

Quote:
alcan's or deavers are probably some of the best springs.

im sure bds makes good ones too
ALCAN, thats the name I was trying to remember, thanks!

Quote:
i couldn't find em on bds's website, but here they are from a vendor http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-7442709-j...1984-2001.html
Thanks! Once i grabbed the part number from fat bobs i could get it to work on BDS' website, guess i should've checked their full catalog too (had given up finding their springs on the site)

For anyone elses reference you have to go to BDS' website, click "order by part number" and put "004209". BDS Retail is 190.05

So how sure are you guys that Zone Offroad springs are rebadged BDS springs? If so thats a nice $100 savings that I'd gladly take advantage of if they really are the same, unless possibly alcan has a 3" spring (going to look now)

edit: so alcan makes it to order, i'll submit some measurements and get a quote and see how it goes
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

From what I understand, BDS manufactures the Zone line as a lower cost alternative to their normally higher cost kits and components. BDS is right up there with some of the most expensive kits I have seen, but I also understand their quality and warranty is excellent.

Zone is not likely going to be the same quality in some components, but my guess is things like coils and leafs are going to be the same. Bushings, more detailed parts will likely be lesser quality to hit the price point.

Honestly if money is not an issue, why not opt for the best? Deaver is supposed to be one of if not the best leafs out there. OME is apparently excellent as well? Mine were custom made locally and they have sagged about 1" in 3 years. I blame the trailer towing...

boooo

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #12
teknics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Honestly if money is not an issue, why not opt for the best? Deaver is supposed to be one of if not the best leafs out there. OME is apparently excellent as well? Mine were custom made locally and they have sagged about 1" in 3 years. I blame the trailer towing...

boooo
Deaver only has a 4" from what I can tell, OME has 2.5 or 3.5.

Was trying to remember Alcan but the name escaped me until the other guy mentioned it. Gotta grab some measurements then send out a quote form, I'll prob go with Alcans but i had heard BDS' were pretty good plus they made a 3" but couldnt find theirs, only found Zone's until i finally got BDS part #.
Unread 12-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
Zone_Offroad
O|V|E|N|D|O|R|O
1990 MJ Comanche 

Thanks for your feedback guys

Wanted to shed some extra light on this topic.

BDS and Zone are both owned by Sport Truck USA, so we are sister companies. However, we do operate as separate divisions so it would be misleading to say BDS parts/kits are the same as Zone.

Having said that, our 3" XJ springs are not the same as BDS, but when we tested them on several several of our employees XJ's they were very impressed with the ride and flex.

As a supporting vendor, we do offer free shipping on these spring kits to all Jeep Forum members, so your total price would be $283.17 (+ tax for Michigan members only ).

PM me for details or if you have any questions!

www.ZoneOffroad.com

"Like" Zone Offroad on Facebook

BLOG CUSTOMER RIDES GALLERYYOUTUBE CHANNEL | PROJECT MJ BUILD

PM me for details on our Jeep Forum FREE SHIPPING promotion offered on $300+ orders of Zone. If you have any questions about our products, post in our section or shoot me a PM.
Zone_Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone_Offroad View Post
Thanks for your feedback guys

Wanted to shed some extra light on this topic.

BDS and Zone are both owned by Sport Truck USA, so we are sister companies. However, we do operate as separate divisions so it would be misleading to say BDS parts/kits are the same as Zone.

Having said that, our 3" XJ springs are not the same as BDS, but when we tested them on several several of our employees XJ's they were very impressed with the ride and flex.

As a supporting vendor, we do offer free shipping on these spring kits to all Jeep Forum members, so your total price would be $283.17 (+ tax for Michigan members only ).

PM me for details or if you have any questions!
good to know, might try u guys out next time i lift something!

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #15
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I may try them out in the spring. One of my RE leaves is sagging pretty badly.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.