Zombie Rescue Unit 1 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Zombie Rescue Unit 1

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 10-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #46
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
true, but when i started my build my XJ was stock.....and I built it myself.
Well not to get this thread off topic, but since you've decided to strut into my thread and crap it up..

Here's a quote from a post over on pirate4x4 from you :

Quote:
so after talking to the guy doing the fabbing for me, ive decided to 3 link the front, keep leaves in the rear, plate the unibody, and regear.
Doesn't really look like your building it all yourself, huh?

Thanks for the kind words, but don't pull the elitest crap on me. I've built plenty of vehicles in my days, so just because i decided to jump on a really good deal for a jeep that had a ton of money and parts dumped into it doesn't make it any less honorable or interesting to the people that like to look at progression with a project.

If you've got nothing else kind to say, please stay out, otherwise if I've read your cynicism wrong, then thanks for the encouragement.

Unread 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #47
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiKyle View Post
Well not to get this thread off topic, but since you've decided to strut into my thread and crap it up..

Here's a quote from a post over on pirate4x4 from you :

Doesn't really look like your building it all yourself, huh?

Thanks for the kind words, but don't pull the elitest crap on me. I've built plenty of vehicles in my days, so just because i decided to jump on a really good deal for a jeep that had a ton of money and parts dumped into it doesn't make it any less honorable or interesting to the people that like to look at progression with a project.

If you've got nothing else kind to say, please stay out, otherwise if I've read your cynicism wrong, then thanks for the encouragement.
HOLY BUTTHURT BATMAN!!!!!

Im only poking fun dude. chill out.

jeep looks great, ive followed it since the day you posted it. just wanted to poke fun.

If you dont want to spend all of your evenings scrolling through pages of other peoples threads so you can use it against them in your own thread, you may want to grow a thicker skin. If you cant put up with my harmless, lighthearted trolling, you wont last long when others who are serious chime in.

have fun with the build, keep up the good work.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #48
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got the Rusty's steering brace installed:

Unread 10-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #49
SpydermanTJ

Quote:

Does it live up to the cost of buying it?? I've been contemplating buying a brace, due to excessive slop in the steering.

Jeep looks awesome BTW!! Makes my little stock clunker look... like a clunker
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #50
xjinvail
1992 XJ Cherokee 

this is what I did for rear storage...I made it around my existing speaker box and it still hits hard and the drawers work really well for me.
Bill
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...roject-959112/
xjinvail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #51
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It's late, so i didn't take it for a spin to check for any change in the steering feel. My steering has a weird slop in it. I'm thinking it could be the rubber in the steering coupler, as the rest of my steering is heim joints. While i doubt that this brace will help with that, it should help from the frame cracking in the usually places. My bumper design should plate the outside of the frame where the steering box bolts on, so that should further strengthen the steering weak areas.
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #52
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjinvail View Post
this is what I did for rear storage...I made it around my existing speaker box and it still hits hard and the drawers work really well for me.
Bill
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...roject-959112/
Bill, I love your rear cargo setup! I wanted something a little lower profile, since i didn't want to give up too much of the space for camping gear and whatnot. I think if i were to redo it, i would make the drawers a bit deeper for a few more things, but I'm happy with the compromise.
As for my sub, i just bought a really cheap box that should be here tomorrow. I figure it'll just mount on top of my cargo box, and if i really need the extra space on a trip for large stuff, I'll just take it out. I couldn't get it to fit in the cubby like i planned without making a ridiculously complicated box.
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #53
xjinvail
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks! I got a better sub and more power so I solved that problem! Most of my camping stuff goes on the roof because I now have an 8 month old bernese mountain dog that takes up the back seat. but we save room for the cooler inside!
xjinvail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #54
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

im anxious to hear what the results are, never seen this done actually.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #55
whitexj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
a "build thread" about a jeep you bought that someone else built, and you put a flash light, and a stereo in?

looks good, but I wouldn't quite call this a build.

keep up the good work!
You havenít built anything yourself either... just a bunch of bolt ons!... well until your 44/9 swap but your paying someone else to do it...but donít get butt hurt Iím just poking fun too... I like to follow build threads.
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #56
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitexj98 View Post
You havenít built anything yourself either... just a bunch of bolt ons!... well until your 44/9 swap but your paying someone else to do it...but donít get butt hurt Iím just poking fun too... I like to follow build threads.
last week called, they want their quote back.

Unread 10-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #57
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

All right, enough. **** talking ensued, we worked it out. End of story, lets move on and not clutter this up with any more childish nonsense.
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #58
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
All right, enough. **** talking ensued, we worked it out. End of story, lets move on and not clutter this up with any more childish nonsense.
roger that.

Unread 10-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #59
whitexj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
last week called, they want their quote back.
So your getting a welder???

Quote:
Oh come on! this is what forums are for.....ok...
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #60
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitexj98 View Post
So your getting a welder???

Oh come on! this is what forums are for.....ok...
maybe.

Tags
awesome , build , cherokee , gtikyle , zombies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.