Zombie Prep XJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Zombie Prep XJ

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #61
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDildy View Post
Sounds like a blast! Maybe my dad will be there.. For your sake I hope you don't meet him. He's one of the ones that likes everything chrome on a jeep... And if you wheel a jeep you're a bad person in his eyes...

I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten in trouble for taking my jeep offroad (not even hard stuff... In talking like, driving in fields) he would kill me if he found out I'm taking my jeep to the Canadian river
What's the point of even owning it then?

Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #62
TreDildy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ

What's the point of even owning it then?
Not sure lol
()_) ()_)-O-)_)
TreDildy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #63
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep GTD in Galveston

Had a fun time this weekend. We were part of the Jeep day fun down here in Galveston, Tx. For the photo shoot I ended up being right next to the top of "P" in Jeep.

On the way down to the shoot the XJ was acting like it wanted to over heat when I would stop at a traffic light. So after getting my spot I took the time to change out the thermostat and have it ready for the hour ferry wait after the pictures.

Two of my kids sitting in the roof basket waiting for the picture.

After all the fun with the pictures we went to Crystal Beach and set up camp for the night.

Even my three year old was having a blast with a little toy Jeep a friend brought.

Unread 05-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #64
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

that looks FUN !!
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #65
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Holy **** that's a lot of Jeeps.
Built Not Bought #704
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #66
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Heard last night we had 322 Jeeps. Maybe 7-8 were XJ's. Was a bunch of fun but not sure if I want to sleep on the beach again anytime soon.
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #67
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

On a side note I ordered a ZJ tie rod last night to replace the oem one. I want to get it changed out then take it to a 4x4 shop to have them do a proper alignment on it to make sure everything is in the right place.
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #68
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, what a difference the tie rod made. I haven't taken it to have a good alignment done yet. I did it when I finished then drove it a little and checked it and it looked go but I still want to take it to a shop and have them do a good front end check to make sure of all the stuff I have done is aligned correct. But as of now it doesn't squeak anymore when I turn.
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #69
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I copied your idea, hope you don't mind lol.

Built Not Bought #704
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #70
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
I copied your idea, hope you don't mind lol.

I saw that yesterday after you posted it. It looks good. You just need to add in a 12 volt connection back there. It makes it really easy to use the inverter or air compressor.

I also used your Jeep to help convince my wife that I need to bed line the outside of mine.
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #71
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Electric fan went out yesterday. I have another one that will be here Tuesday and I will put it on then. I need to have it running good since next weekend I will be with some friends at Hidden Falls Off Road Park in Marble Falls, Texas. I will post some pics and maybe get some videos of the trip out there.

So since I wasn't able to do much else with the Jeep this weekend I changed the differential fluid in the front axle and put a new vent hose in to the front differential since I found a nice cut that was almost all the way through it.
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #72
Xride

Looks great!
Unread 06-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #73
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

although i think I'm to the point i really dont like working on electrical .. but there is something to be said for clean electrical work.. good work man
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #74
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfox48
The APN manifold seemed really well built just couldn’t get it to install right. So I bought the one with expansion joints in it and installed it and had no problems. To make sure I don’t have another problem with the exhaust manifold I replaced the worn out motor mounts with some heavy duty mounts from Iron Man 4x4. Has a little more vibration then before but there is a noticeable amount of power gain.

I then installed a CB radio on the passenger side with the antenna ran to the rear passenger side tail light.

About the same time I added a LED Mag light to the driver’s side.

I then picked up some 33x12.5x15 BFG mud terrains and D-windows steel wheels from a guy on craigslist for $250. The guy had been using them for rock crawling so the tires were kind of torn up so I only used them for a couple of months since they wouldn’t hold more than about 15 psi. I picked up some new Goodyear Duratracs since I liked the way they handled on the road.

After the larger tires were added I realized that the steering was needing some upgrading as well. I installed a Rough country adjustable front track bar and replaced all the tie ends and ball joints. What a difference it made on to the Jeep.

I have wanted to do a sort of cold air intake and came across someone that installed the Spectre Performance and I liked the way it looked. So I bought it off of summit and installed in in about 45 minutes. I also bored out the throttle body the following weekend to around 60mm to give it a little easier breathing.

After the intake was completed nothing was done to the Jeep for about 6 months. When I went out to drive it one day it didn’t want to start and turned out to be a bad battery. So I started the battery/ Battery cable upgrade. Bought a Optima Yellow Top and made my own cables using 2 AWG marine wire from West Marine. They let me use their big crimper to make all my terminations, which I think turned out great and man does the Jeep like the new power.

Then I came across the thread about the Hanma LED light’s. I really like the way they looked and for the price I couldn’t turn away. I ended up buying 4 pods, 1x 21.5” double row bar and 1x 31.5” double row bar. Then came the figuring out where I was going to place them. I figured the best place to put the new lights was on a roof rack. So I bought a Curt rack off amazon along with the 21.5” extension and the roof rack gutter mounts and cross bars from prolineracks. I mocked everything up and saw that I was going to have to make some mounts for the 31.5” bar so that it would fit where I wanted it.

I also changed out one of the O2 sensor’s the same day as the light bar install.

I then installed the shackle relocation kit I had sitting on my computer desk for the past month. I think that is all that I have done so far, away from fluids and such. Still have vents to put into the hood, and am still looking at re-gearing sometime in the next year. I will try to keep updating this as I do new things.
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ANTENNA MOUNT?!?!? I've been looking everywhere and I can't find it!
danstheman112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #75
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstheman112 View Post
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ANTENNA MOUNT?!?!? I've been looking everywhere and I can't find it!
I bought it from a guy that is on cherokeeforum.com

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/members...m-crazy-23299/

I think that he is still making them. I haven't been over to that forum in a good while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.