Zips 2.0 my 98 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ
HP30 and 8.25? You can run 35s no problem
16.5 rims so nah.... To much $$$ to get the rims I'd need

Booooooobbbbbsssss

Sent from my black box


5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 AM
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
16.5 rims so nah.... To much $$$ to get the rims I'd need

Booooooobbbbbsssss

Sent from my black box
Cragers are 55 bucks a piece?

also I like dis.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #18 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ

Cragers are 55 bucks a piece?

also I like dis.
Find me a 16.5 rim with a 5x4.5 pattern XD

And yez amazing

Sent from my black box

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #19 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 AM
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Find me a 16.5 rim with a 5x4.5 pattern XD

And yez amazing

Sent from my black box
Why does it have to be 16.5?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #20 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,619
That's what thoughs boggers were....
I'm debating these tires right now
32x11.5 is more aggressive
33x12.5 bigger ad less aggressive

Sent from my black box

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #21 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 07:46 AM
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
I have never heard of a 16 1/2" wheel. How does that even work?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #22 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ
I have never heard of a 16 1/2" wheel. How does that even work?
Not very well it's a old Chevy size

The tires I posted are for a 16 inch rim

Sent from my black box

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #23 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 AM
whitexj98
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sterling Heights
Posts: 814
So Why not buy cheap 15 inch steel wheels, there are tons of tires that will fit...

98 XJ lifted/Locked/Geared
My Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/my-98-build-1253511/
whitexj98 is offline  
post #24 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitexj98 View Post
So Why not buy cheap 15 inch steel wheels, there are tons of tires that will fit...
OTK/1-ton steering needs 16" wheels with 3.75" bs.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #25 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitexj98
So Why not buy cheap 15 inch steel wheels, there are tons of tires that will fit...
What he said XD
Views on thoughs two tires?

Sent from my black box

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #26 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 AM
whitexj98
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sterling Heights
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
OTK/1-ton steering needs 16" wheels with 3.75" bs.
It would clear under the knuckle with 15s. OTK requires cutting off sway bars, relocating the track bar, trimming the coil buckets and will also hit aftermarket diff covers oh and the dead spot in the steering but that applies to over and under.

I guess what Im getting at is there is much better steering options that dont need a more expensive tire and wheel combo.

98 XJ lifted/Locked/Geared
My Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/my-98-build-1253511/
whitexj98 is offline  
post #27 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 PM
DNFJ
WANNABE DESERT RAT
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,396
And when you get into WJ knuckle swaps and etc you will lose that, even with the spacer welded on, personally I would rather have the extra clearance just incase something did happen: for instance without properly BS'd wheels running OTK you barely clear (if at all, depending on which set up you run), if you're on the trail and you bend or brake your tie rod, that 15" wheel is going to eat it if you don't react correctly.

You're right though, I wouldn't make 16" wheels (or larger) a priority at the moment if I was him, though it wouldn't hurt to look into ordering them one at a time or so and building them up for the proper set up while still maintaining the best money spent:usefulness ratio.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #28 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitexj98 View Post
It would clear under the knuckle with 15s. OTK requires cutting off sway bars, relocating the track bar, trimming the coil buckets and will also hit aftermarket diff covers oh and the dead spot in the steering but that applies to over and under.

I guess what Im getting at is there is much better steering options that dont need a more expensive tire and wheel combo.
The 16s are to help me cheap out....
https://www.treadwright.com/p-113-26...rax-m-t-d.aspx
or
https://www.treadwright.com/p-115-28...m-t-b2b-d.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
And when you get into WJ knuckle swaps and etc you will lose that, even with the spacer welded on, personally I would rather have the extra clearance just incase something did happen: for instance without properly BS'd wheels running OTK you barely clear (if at all, depending on which set up you run), if you're on the trail and you bend or brake your tie rod, that 15" wheel is going to eat it if you don't react correctly.

You're right though, I wouldn't make 16" wheels (or larger) a priority at the moment if I was him, though it wouldn't hurt to look into ordering them one at a time or so and building them up for the proper set up while still maintaining the best money spent:usefulness ratio.
Im working on that whole money to usefullness gap thingg.....
Im now looking at maybe working with clayton, I need a job and I heard they are in need of some help.... But if not I have 2 other people to look to.

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #29 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,248
I'd be so jealous if you got a job with Clayton...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ibjeepin95 is offline  
post #30 of 1644 Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
I'd be so jealous if you got a job with Clayton...
Why? It's just another lathe or miller to me....
But it would be nice!

Sent from my black box

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
Reply

Tags
boost

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome