boost
117K views 2K replies 36 participants last post by  Luke95 
#1 ·
Plans for it are as follows
Pull my 3.5 RE stuff over to my new jeep
Swap in the 8.25 I have
Find some 33s
Shut up and wheel it.
Forced air induction is not gonna happen till I get a lot more moneys and time.

Future plans
1 ton steering
Locker
33s

And something for any one that knows me
GM PN# is 16009886 :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Luke95 said:
Plans for it are as follows
Pull my 3.5 RE stuff over to my new jeep
Swap in the 8.25 I have
Find some 33s
Shut up and wheel it.
Forced air induction is not gonna happen till I get a lot more moneys and time.
I think you messed up your title... .!.:D.!.

And yes, please shut up and wheel it :D

#7 ·
Pic of it
Did my tail light. It was gay.

My Jeep needs a ****ing lift soon but I'm waiting on my 8.25 to be done. It's going to be 3 weeks but that gives me time to make money. And buy some 33s
Pans are to sell my old jeep shell and put the money into building my 88 motor. The 98s motor is getting tired. Ideas For a simple build on that?

I can get some 35 boggers for $400 idk if that's a good idea though. They break ****.

Sent from my black box

#10 ·
Build just got retarded.

:rofl: fixed my oil pressure, cleaned the **** out of the sensor. I can now do as I wish to the old engine, so its looking like a 8:1 stroker build over the summer.

I got an HX35 and some Thirty threes lined up,
skinnys though 33x11.5 on 16x8 cragars for $600 :thumbsup:

#13 ·
dcorn said:
Simple jeep builds usually don't involve strokers lol. I'd say just swap in a rebuilt engine or a lower mileage one.

And don't even think about going to 35's with all stock axles. You'll break everything.
I have a spare engine with 135k on it so why not poor mans stroker it? :cheers2:
I'm not going to 35 boggers I decided it was to much money for me to spend as I'd break way to much stuff. I'd do 35s if I wanted to Regear and or lock. But then that opens it up to why not lock a toothpick and a 8.25 an do the gears? But It
Would make sense to go bigger. That's a whole can of worms I don't want to think about.

Current plans as of now get new job and get paid for the scrap on the old jeep. Get a new job with a boss who is a bit less drunk. And actually does what he says.
Then Aussie and some tires
I'll figure the engine put as it needs to get done.

Sent from my black box

#14 ·
So the poor 88 is almost stripped :( but
Shocks brake lines and trackbar are ready for the next jeep ;)
Coils are out and ready to go into the next one... For the rear Im thinking some autozone shackles with a factory leaf bastard pack :confused:

Also the engine stand fit in the back of the jeep no problem :D
\

Dont tell the jeep but I went to porsche race day :shhh:

My uncles car is 59 I was not driving today but he had an issue with the tires so this happened

Could have been way worse

Also @IBjeepin95, I went out and played in some old *** dirt roads its fun to go retardly fast down them :cheers:

#27 ·
And when you get into WJ knuckle swaps and etc you will lose that, even with the spacer welded on, personally I would rather have the extra clearance just incase something did happen: for instance without properly BS'd wheels running OTK you barely clear (if at all, depending on which set up you run), if you're on the trail and you bend or brake your tie rod, that 15" wheel is going to eat it if you don't react correctly.

You're right though, I wouldn't make 16" wheels (or larger) a priority at the moment if I was him, though it wouldn't hurt to look into ordering them one at a time or so and building them up for the proper set up while still maintaining the best money spent:usefulness ratio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.